Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Doran said:
Cool ties.
The one on the right does nothing for me. The middle one is amazing. The one on the left is the most intriguing, though. Is that a Victorian woman with a lacrosse racket? What is going on the picture? Is that vegetation above her?

It's a peacock sitting in a tree.

056-1.jpg

I believe the "51" tie is some kind of a sports tie, either football or baseball.

Feraud said:
Is the '51' embroidered or printed on the Wembley? What kind of material is it?
Thanks.

It's heavily embroidered to the point of being fuzzy. The tie itself is cotton, as is the embroidery.
055-1.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
thunderw21 said:
I believe the "51" tie is some kind of a sports tie, either football or baseball.
It's heavily embroidered to the point of being fuzzy. The tie itself is cotton, as is the embroidery.
055-1.jpg
Yep. I assume it's a sports tie too. Mr. 51 probably had his mom or sister embroider his number on the tie for the big rally. :)

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Widebrim said:
Or it could stand for Class of '51...

Very true, my Grandpa used have a novelty tie like that, he would always wear it when he went to see his beloved Stanford Cardinals (Indians) play...his had an embroidered '31 which was his graduating class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy