Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

MondoFW

Practically Family
Beautiful tie! I'm trying to branch out from late 40's swing ties and into 20's and 30's territory, but there's so little of what I'm looking for in this period. Great cravat you have there, though!

Not vintage (and a $4.50 tie is at my limit), but it has a duck on it. All I needed to see...

a96799b0f8c113325bc64f5243572cb2.jpg

6e41cd0ca6877c26a14dd107a4c42612.jpg

d198399c37fcb510d1eb91c5b63796e8.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Super cool Michael!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Thanks Harv. Haven't seen you around much lately. Hope you are keeping well.

Wonderful tie. Towncraft made some of the best ever!
Thanks Mondo. I agree, they made some great ones. And it seems like you've been finding some of them lately. Great ties you've been showing.

Thanks all,
Michael

MondoFW

Practically Family
If you feel that you should have stopped before this one I'm your huckleberry. :D

I love that!

Hahaha, thanks Bob. It's so easy to be infected by the vintage tie bug, since they're cheap (unless they're highly sought after pieces or there's the usual seller that thinks their tie is worth much more than it really is), versatile (it can be asserted that a lot of vintage is anachronistic now), and individually beautiful. I may wind up purchasing more down the road if I get an outfit that would best be matched with a tie I don't have.

Also, can anyone explain why my pheasant tie is hand-tailored? It's not even an unusual length, it seems like it could have just been purchased off the rack like any other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner