Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Feraud

Bartender
Another hand painted.
1251983097.jpg

1251983202.jpg

Are the leading California artists still painting ties? ;)

Warbaby

One Too Many
This has to be one of the coolest ties I've found so far. I bought it on a day at the thrift store when I didn't have my glasses with me and couldn't see the design all that well. Just thought it was a nice black tie with a subtle stripe and a little logo at the bottom.

DubaiTie6.jpg

DubaiTie5.jpg

A closer look later revealed that the logo was a military fighter aircraft and between the diagonal stripes were more fighters in black-on-black.

DubaiTie3.jpg

I did a bit of research and found that Dubai '91 was one of the largest aircraft and arms fairs in the world and a major marketplace for middle eastern countries.

I'm hoping that one day when I'm on an international flight somewhere, someone will recognize the tie and ask if I was at Dubai '91 - so I can reply cryptically with something like, "Well, yes, but only in an advisory capacity. Unfortunately that's all I can say because I'm bound by the company's NDA. You understand, of course..."

Widebrim said:

Nice puppy, nice puppy...I wish that California artists were still painting ties...

lol lol lol lol You too eh?
On another hand painted note, my wife just got through soaking my horse tie, previously posted, in oxyclean. The results are pretty good but one small stain didn't come out. Its on the edge and reaqlly doesn't get seen much so---I am wearing it anyway and if anyone notices it I can blame it on my 3 year old. ;) :p lol lol lol

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hello,

Although the greater part of my ties are vintage, they are from the 50's and 60's mostly. I have acquired a number of older ties recently... today I wore this one:

DSC_0747.jpg

DSC_0750bis.jpg

It is a short tie as it is obvious. Detail of the labels:

DSC_0751-1.jpg

DSC_0752.jpg

How old would you date this tie?

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Those are very nice, esp. the ones in the bottom photo and the one on the left in the photo right above the bottom photo.

PS I still haven't gotten your sand-colored suit adjusted ... perhaps this weekend.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Torpedo said:
Hello,

Although the greater part of my ties are vintage, they are from the 50's and 60's mostly. I have acquired a number of older ties recently... today I wore this one:

It is a short tie as it is obvious. Detail of the labels:

How old would you date this tie?

Bump! Pics a few posts above.

Could anyone bring some light to the dating issue? I have searched and have found some threads about Union clothing labels, but none about neckwear-specific ones.

Is there any thread (or a different website) about dating ties by labels, length, material, etc, that I may have missed?

Regards!

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy