Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Vanson Jackets

I wish we had those sort of thrift shops here in Oz. I never see any decent jackets out and about socially, and I certainly see any at the goodwill or markets.

Ditto... I'm lucky if I stumble upon an ancient Harro or something similar over here, and even that happens once a year.

Since this thread is up, might as well share my new addition - Vanson Model B 'House' with the official patches. Not exactly a vintage piece, but... :) Purchased it two weeks ago for an insanity of a price, seller claimed it's been used but the jacket didn't even have creased sleeves when I got it... I'm slowly breaking it in. It's skintight, but I LOVE it. Not too crazy about the patches being from the TV series though but the price was so good that I simply couldn't resist.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
great looking slim fitting CR Monitor, I think once the white in the stripes and patches turn a bit yellowy with age then it would cool even cooler.
BTW good luck with your next full custom CR you mentioned too :)

Thanks fellas! Cheers! It was a lucky find. I might even add a few patches in the future, wouldn't hurt it. Ducati patch would be good... And you're right Strokes, it's something I mustn't forget. :D

IXL

One Too Many
Cool jacket, Monitor! I have a very similar version, the Insurrection/ThurstonBros. House Deluxe. I really like the brass hardware of yours much more than the nickel that for some reason is specified on the Deluxe one. It was even starting to grow on me.......until you posted yours.......:)

You are gonna keep this one, aren't you?

Nick, gotta find some cool badges first! :D Forgot how thought Vanson gear is, the jacket's showing very little signs of use even though I'm wearing it all the time.

IXL, I hear you - I always insisted on nickel hardware on all my black jackets for some reason, but the brass really looks fantastic on this one. You got me curious about the House Deluxe now! Can we see some photos? :)
You know, maybe it just works for me, but the fit of Model B is insane! Looks 11 times better than any custom jacket I've had thus far! Hate to say this, but I've actually gotten compliments on it from complete strangers.

lol This one won't be leaving my side because if I ever felt like wanting another House/Model B jacket, I doubt I'd ever again stumble upon one in this good of a condition, for the kind of money I paid for it. I would,perhaps,possibly trade it for a Model A, in the same size and condition, but that's about it.

Johnson Motors makes great tshirts (if you can get past the graphics). They market the hell out of their connection with Bud Eakins and (loosely) Steve McQueen. I think they are part of Lucky Brand now as their Pasadena store is gone for a couple years now.

Not mine, though soon to be mine, Vanson Model AZ2, and one that's been well used and seriously broken in (for a change). Check it out:

20150707-untitled-223.jpg

Can a leather possibly get any nicer than this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou