Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I was given the opportunity to buy this cheep, I passed. Good thing, I talked to a guy that got it running, and he confirmed my suspicions, when it was cut up, they did not weld in any new tubing, and the uni-body was twisted. To bad, because it is kind of cool!
DSC_0020_zpswiubil1l.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Circumstances have forced me into a 2006 Saturn wagon-- the worst automobile I've ever driven or seen. I have to wonder how the design got past any kind of review. So much of it is downright dangerous. You have to bend and squint to see the climate controls as they're so far down the console and unlit orange digital. The steering column tilt lever is exactly where your knee can bump it at any time while driving, popping the steering wheel up when you don't expect it. The sheet metal dents if you lean on it too hard. It's a piece of junk. And now, parts cost as much as a Jag as it's all obsolete.

HATE it.

Circumstances have forced me into a 2006 Saturn wagon-- the worst automobile I've ever driven or seen. I have to wonder how the design got past any kind of review. So much of it is downright dangerous. You have to bend and squint to see the climate controls as they're so far down the console and unlit orange digital. The steering column tilt lever is exactly where your knee can bump it at any time while driving, popping the steering wheel up when you don't expect it. The sheet metal dents if you lean on it too hard. It's a piece of junk. And now, parts cost as much as a Jag as it's all obsolete.

HATE it.
You have my condolences. Shortly after my wife and I married, we inherited one, an 00 or 01 best I remember. Good motivation to scrape up for something else.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I have a friend who is nuts about Saturns. He's constantly buying/flipping them. He's always got at least one for his own use. I don't get the attraction.
I've never tried to flip mine, just drive it. :p
Despite my wife's best efforts to mess it up, I have still managed to keep the Vue looking as new as possible, given the fact it's 9 years old.
saturn.jpg

I know, right?
Everyone is a comedian. :D
You have to believe it's highway robbery, when my insurance for the 9yr old Saturn is $40 dollars less than the insurance on the 2015 Highlander!
I hope that's because you're getting a sweet deal on the highlander, but I suspect the other is closer to the truth.

Then again.......maybe those Saturn's have entered the 'collector car' category. [emoji3]

Nothing Golden Era here, but I've been needing a spare kid hauler (the law sort of frowns on just piling 'em in back of a pickup these days). 1 Mach 1's latest got me looking around, and I found this today. (You're on the wife's list now, Harv)
48766d9592ba866a85bba2e35b340f36.jpg

9173264a227f7e8ef729084a880a7bee.jpg

'99 model, it's 4wd, 3/4 ton, with a 454 so it won't be a daily driver, but it'll be fun on the weekends.

Dude! Nice! 3/4 ton 4wd to boot! I love it. Tell you wife "You are welcome!" :p

Boy, have I missed a lot in the past 2 weeks.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Not sure the Saturn is a collector yet, maybe the Neon is. :D
My guess is the Toyota has a lot more in the way of safety features and accident avoidance systems, hence the rate.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Boy, Neons were ubiquitous 10 years ago. You don't see many on the road these days.
Not under their own power. :D
Even at 15yrs old, it still gets pretty good gas mileage and will go 70mph on the interstate with the a/c on...can't complain about those figures, well for a Neon.

A little late to the to pile on Saturn, but I had one back in 93, when it was about the only new car I could afford. It was garbage, as was the entire Saturn company. I couldn't contain my joy when that garbage company went out of business, and I hope their management suffered immeasurably as a result. It couldn't have happened to a bigger group of scumbags.

Your mileage may vary.

On a side note, one of the selling points at least on the earlier models was that the bodies were plastic, not metal, so they did not dent, rust or fade. I guess that changed, and they went to sheet metal, and cheap and flimsy at that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR