Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters
A '64 21-window bus is worth well over $100,000 when restored. Time to get busy!

Yeah ... I've seen rotted hulks sell for $20,000 in the last year. Just crazy. I sold a 23-widow hulk for $600 just after buying this one 20 years ago. I had traded a later bus transaxle for it, so I was happy.

I will probably just get this one mechanically sound, restitch the seat covers where the thread has given way and buff out the original paint. Seems like the collecting trend is moving toward the unrestored survivors vs. the trailer queens.

BTW -- the door panels look great 1Mach1!

I will probably just get this one mechanically sound, restitch the seat covers where the thread has given way and buff out the original paint. Seems like the collecting trend is moving toward the unrestored survivors vs. the trailer queens.

I agree. That's what I do, and I'll bet I get just as many compliments on them in this condition as I would if they were restored. Plus, if a rake falls on the car, or the boy scratches it, it's no big deal.

BTW -- the door panels look great 1Mach1!

Thanks Bob. It has made a big difference on the interior. I now need to get the front seats recovered, that is, when I have some more cash in hand.

This was my daily driver prior to getting a new truck in 2009 (my first new vehicle in 31 years). My son then drove it into the ground and it has gone to live on a farm in Indiana. 1969 Chevrolet Suburban C20 (3/4 ton, 2-WD). Note the three doors. The first two pics are in Pocatello, ID where we flew to pick it up and drive it back to Missouri. The last is in front of the house.

20560810978_e5e9384755_z.jpg

20739444892_13d8e538c7_z.jpg

20722551576_e5b37b49c4.jpg

That thing is awesome, Bob! I wish I could've found something more like that when I bought my 99 recently. I did look at one that was a 66, but it was a little (OK, a whole lot) out of my budget.
I love the color of yours, and the 3 door is cool.

Shanghailander

One of the Regulars
How much restoration did you have to do? Did you do much of it yourself? Is it dual side-mounts? Alright, I admit it. I do like cars of the '30s.

Yes, dual sidemounts. Straight Eight engine. Body and paint were good - just needed to reprime and paint a few areas. Took apart the interior to work on the electrical components. Sent out the starter, clock, radio, heater, and defroster to be rebuilt. Installed turn signals
(no one knows what a hand signal is anymore) and had to rebuild the horn system. Replaced fuel pick up pipe and fuel signal unit in the tank. Installed Trippe driving lights.

Equal parts fun, aggravation, frustration and exhiliration.

DSCF3805.JPG

Great pic! I love the hot dog stand too. Old cars and funky old buildings are a winning combination. You should post this in the 'Vintage Roadside' thread, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner