Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Why would a Safari be expensive to run? You only use one of the engines most of the time...

Alan

Luddite said:
A Safari's on my wishlist too, but I looked into the cost of running one and it scared me. Still, with the price of Splits what it is, you're laughing.....

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
1961 LeSabre

IMG_2784.jpg

My bf is picking up my 1961 LeSabre today. Here's a pick of it from when we first looked at it from the buyer. My bf and I will be working on it as our project car. I'm just glad it's in such great shape and the motor still runs. Hope to get it all fixed up and nice by the end of this year. :)

Luddite

One of the Regulars
Alan Eardley said:
Why would a Safari be expensive to run? You only use one of the engines most of the time...

Alan

One of the engines? I think you must mean a Sahara....
CITROEN-SAHARA1963.jpg

rather than a Safari.........
dsbreak1.jpg

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Yes, sorry. I friend had one in the 1970s. It would go places in sand that a jeep or landie wouldn't go. Amazing. Isn't there a fibreglass Moke-like Citroen called a Mehari? Did any of those have twin engines?

Alan

Luddite said:
One of the engines? I think you must mean a Sahara....
CITROEN-SAHARA1963.jpg

rather than a Safari.........
dsbreak1.jpg

Flivver

Practically Family
RetroBabydoll said:
IMG_2784.jpg

My bf is picking up my 1961 LeSabre today. Here's a pick of it from when we first looked at it from the buyer. My bf and I will be working on it as our project car. I'm just glad it's in such great shape and the motor still runs. Hope to get it all fixed up and nice by the end of this year. :)

What a great car! And from your picture, it looks to be a convertible.

I've been a fan of the 1961 GM fullsize cars since they were new. They were unique in that they were a transition between GM's flamboyant designs of 1959-60 and the more conservative designs that followed.

And, no doubt, your car uses that wonderful Buick "nailhead" V8.

Good luck with the restoration.

Luddite

One of the Regulars
Alan Eardley said:
Yes, sorry. I friend had one in the 1970s. It would go places in sand that a jeep or landie wouldn't go. Amazing. Isn't there a fibreglass Moke-like Citroen called a Mehari? Did any of those have twin engines?

Alan

The Mehari is the Moke type thingy, it's got ABS body panels over steel (usually rotten) spaceframe bolted to a 2CV chassis. I seem to recall there was a twin-engined one but I think it was a homebuilt. They were used by the French army too, but I think those ones had a steel body.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Hi Folks,

I've had the good fortune to own a few now classic/vintage vehicles in my life. I've owned a '65 Mustang, a '69 Honda CB450, a '72 Datsun 240Z, a '80 Datsun 280ZX and a '85 Mazda RX-7. But when these cars were mine, they were neither vintage or classic. They were just cars.

Here is the only vehicle I've got now that even comes close to being vintage. Its only ten years old, but I think that all CJs and Wranglers have a vintage look, no matter when they were produced.

Dscn0135.jpg

Atticus

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Flivver said:
What a great car! And from your picture, it looks to be a convertible.

I've been a fan of the 1961 GM fullsize cars since they were new. They were unique in that they were a transition between GM's flamboyant designs of 1959-60 and the more conservative designs that followed.

And, no doubt, your car uses that wonderful Buick "nailhead" V8.

Good luck with the restoration.

Thank you, but we ended up not getting the car. My boyfriend looked at it more in the daylight and noticed it was way too much work for us. The flooring was rotting away. He then surprised me with a different car that I absolutely adore. It's a 1959 Ford Fairlane. It's in perfect condition and just needed some work on the engine. Now I'm really happy that we didn't get the other car.

ford2.jpg

ford4.jpg

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Murph351 said:
What a sweet ride!

You need to get over to Bob's Big Boy tonight.

I wish I could, but I have school until 10:30pm at Marinello in Burbank

I can't wait to be able to go to Fridays at Bob's again

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
scarlett said:
I love the shots of the old VW's, always had a soft spot for those. My first was a 72 Bug, then a 62 Notchback,my husband had a 63 Bus for a while. The GMC truck is a beauty. And Twitch, I love that car. One more time; here is Me and our 1953 Buick Special. We also have a VW Manx style dune buggy, I'll have to post a photo of it when restoration is complete.
0182.jpg
[/IMG]

:eek:fftopic: I recognize this photo!! Did you get your photo by...I think it was Diva Dolls or something like that? They have it up on their myspace. Really nice.

DblCoronaMS

One of the Regulars
Some very nice cars here!

Our daily drivers are my '05 Chryser 300, my '05 Dodge Ram HEMI quad cab truck and my wife's '06 Honda Pilot.

Submitted for your approval is my '68 Cutlass. It has a built 455 that at best guess pumps out about 420 horses. These are from the Ebay auction. It's for sale. I want to replace it with a '67 or '68 Firebird ragtop.

olds039us.jpg

olds020ml.jpg

olds010jy.jpg

Here's the car Hurricane Katrina ate. 1973 Trans Am 4-speed. The water went to just over the dashboard and totaled it. It's with a new owner in Houston being restored.

Katrina damage...
ce001896image35kk.jpg

Happier days. It won Best In class at the 2004 New Orleans World Of Wheels...
green73transam3lf.jpg

gulfport36ob.jpg

Not a car but vintage... My friend's restored and modified 1958 Piper Apache Geronimo. Cool thing story about the plane. My friend owned the plane I learned to fly in, a Piper Cherokee. I hadn't flown in 10 years so it was my first time back at the controls. It was also my first time flying a twin. If that weren't enough, it was my son's first plane ride and I got to be Pilot In Command.

It doesn't get any cooler than that!

1001209zb0.jpg

Me at the controls from the right seat...
1001205cn0.jpg

1001198xr6.jpg

1001196jc9.jpg

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
DblCoronaMS said:
Not a car but vintage... My friend's restored and modified 1958 Piper Apache Geronimo. Cool thing story about the plane. My friend owned the plane I learned to fly in, a Piper Cherokee. I hadn't flown in 10 years so it was my first time back at the controls. It was also my first time flying a twin. If that weren't enough, it was my son's first plane ride and I got to be Pilot In Command.

It doesn't get any cooler than that!

1001209zb0.jpg

No, it doesn't! Beautiful car, Corona! And the plane brings back a memory.

I have a friend with a private pilot license, and he told me of the time he did a preflight check in front of a friend who'd never been in a small plane. My friend dangled from the wing and then went on to the next check. His friend asked him why he'd hung from the wing and he told him that it was part of the preflight. The friend then asked, "What if the wing breaks while you're hanging from it?"

David replied, "Then I'm not flying it."

RetroBabydoll! BEAUTIFUL car! My parents had a '59 wagon that I wish I had now. I love the '59 Fords! :)

Honeycomb Cliffs or Storm Mountains - my sister listed both locations for these photos. If anyone can tell me where this is (or they are), my family would appreciate it. :)
StormMountainQuartzites02crop.jpg

HoneycombCliffs01.jpg

HoneycombCliffs04-1.jpg

Looks like one of us didn't want to get out of the car. It's probably my mother, holding my younger brother, which would put this picture in late 1966 or early 1967.

The third photo shows the color best: it was white and salmon. I still have that aluminium and wood roof rack. Except for the straps and suction cups, it's in fantastic condition. :)

Lee

EDIT: I found a picture of the front of the car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum