Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
EL COLORADO said:
Cause Shame,...after 1968,...the era of all things "golden",....is officially,.. over.

EC

Oh good, mine just sneaks through.

Motor_Wheel002.jpg

My old digs in the background.

-Dave

scarlett

One of the Regulars
Wow - very nice cars everyone.
RetroBabyDoll, yes my photo is by Justice Howard. You ended up with a very nice car. The other one you picked would have been great too after many hours and lots of $$. Enjoy your new ride.

DblCoronaMS

One of the Regulars
That '68 Camaro is beautiful!

Here's the other '68 F-body. This '68 Firebird was at a Ferrari Club Of Louisiana track day that I attended today. It's an old Trans Am racer campaigned by Jerry Titus back in the late 60s. This is a Real Deal race car complete with welded doors and all the safety equipment.

1001435ok5.jpg

1001411vy7.jpg

1001412ie0.jpg

1001427ee8.jpg

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Everything I've done to my car has been inspired by either British sports cars or Trans Am racers of that era. Lots of guys with F-bodies only build them for the quarter mile, but I've attempted to build a driving machine. Thick sway bars, decent shocks, four-speed, realistic rear gears, etc. A ragtop will never be the ultimate corner carver, but she sure is fun to drive!

-Dave

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Atomic Glee said:
...when I'm feeling really vintage I pull out my Karmann Ghia:

153135391_012eeb4a00.jpg
Ghias rock! :eusa_clap :D There are 2 in our family:
- a '74 coupe my dad bought new - same color scheme as yours, Zambezigrün with tan interior originally, but he had it restored in the 90s and changed the interior to gray. It now mostly sits at the house in Iowa due to persistent gremlins in the wiring.
- a '71 convert in Willow Green (Weidengrün) with black interior and top, currently in the latter stages of resto in Iowa.
L63K_Willow_Green.jpg

Willow Green, used 1970-72

Your coupe has the '73-'74, new safety standards bumpers and lights. Which year is it?

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
MrNewportCustom said:
N

RetroBabydoll! BEAUTIFUL car! My parents had a '59 wagon that I wish I had now. I love the '59 Fords! :)

Honeycomb Cliffs or Storm Mountains - my sister listed both locations for these photos. If anyone can tell me where this is (or they are), my family would appreciate it. :)
StormMountainQuartzites02crop.jpg

HoneycombCliffs01.jpg

HoneycombCliffs04-1.jpg

Looks like one of us didn't want to get out of the car. It's probably my mother, holding my younger brother, which would put this picture in late 1966 or early 1967.

The third photo shows the color best: it was white and salmon. I still have that aluminium and wood roof rack. Except for the straps and suction cups, it's in fantastic condition. :)

Lee

EDIT: I found a picture of the front of the car.

Lee- That is such a nice wagon. What I love about the 59' Ford's are the grills. They have a starburst like quality to them. The one pictured has what looks like 3 birds or airplanes on the side. I wish mine had those.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
scarlett said:
Wow - very nice cars everyone.
RetroBabyDoll, yes my photo is by Justice Howard. You ended up with a very nice car. The other one you picked would have been great too after many hours and lots of $$. Enjoy your new ride.

Thank you so much. It was a very lucky find.

Graeme

New in Town
Ive 3 cars, ones a 1978 bmw but i wont bore people with that.

My other cars are this 1971 ghia
ghiappc045.jpg

Photo taken for a recent magazine shoot, looks a littel rough but ive turbocharged it so its pretty quick now.

Our other car is technicaly my girlfriends but she cant drive and ive paid for half of it.

Its a 1949 ford anglia, been in a garage since 1967. I needed to cut out and weld up the whole bottom 6" all round. Had to make most of the repairs.

Its stock right now but wont be for long although it will always look stock. Origional patina'd paint and almost perfect origional interior. Being the anglia it has the deco style bakerlight dash :)

done003.jpg

Micawber

A-List Customer
I have several vehicles of various ages but for 30+ years usually have a Land Rover or two on the fleet. I've had this one from new a few months ago..

640.jpg

Curt Dawson

Familiar Face
Not Vintage

Since I am economically challenged I drive a 86 Honda Accord.When I was in high school I drove a 57 chevy bel-air 2door coupe that my father and i had restored.It had an in line six with 3 speed on the column manual transmission with overdrive.The oldest vehicle I ever drove was 1918 American LaFrance.Chain drive,worm gear steering,solid rubber tires.Taught me alot of respect for the early truck drivers.

Marty M.

Vendor
Monster muscle.

DblCoronaMS said:
Submitted for your approval is my '68 Cutlass. It has a built 455 that at best guess pumps out about 420 horses.
olds039us.jpg

Perfection at its finest. Bravo DBLCorona :eusa_clap :eusa_clap .
Marty Mathis

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
Maybe this was the wrong thread for me to stumble on…we are all car nuts in my family! I don't have pics of Daddy's 46 Dodge (all stock) or Mama's 74 MG (not my taste, but to each their own) but here's my very first car, my 57 Chevy:
Chevy.jpg

Also, here's some of my fella's cars that I’ve been known to play with too-
Model A with 322 Nailhead:
modelA.jpg

50 Lincoln:
Lincoln.jpg

And the newest member of the family...the 54 Merc (that's Ace's Daddy's soon to be gasser 57 Chevy in the corner) I don't have any more current photos handy right now but it has really come a long way in the two weeks since this photo was taken:
merc.jpg

The A will have paint on this year as will the Lincoln after the chop later this year. We just have a tight budget and too many projects to not enjoy them as "works in progress". There is also a sad pile of parts in the shop that I like to dream will be an A of my own someday...Sigh! Someday.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Ms. McGraw said:
Maybe this was the wrong thread for me to stumble on…we are all car nuts in my family! I don't have pics of Daddy's 46 Dodge (all stock) or Mama's 74 MG (not my taste, but to each their own) but here's my very first car, my 57 Chevy:
Chevy.jpg

I love your very first car!!!! You're so lucky! Mine was the family station wagon from the 80's *yucky*

Love the cars!!!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
RetroBabydoll said:
Lee- That is such a nice wagon. What I love about the 59' Ford's are the grills. They have a starburst like quality to them. The one pictured has what looks like 3 birds or airplanes on the side. I wish mine had those.

s I recall, they were planes. In fact, they'd be jets to go with the "jet exhaust" tail lights.

That wagon is the reason I love stationwagons. I wish that, when my parents sold it in '72, that I'd been old enough to have bought it from them. Unfortunately, I was only nine. They've always had a special place in my heart because of the memories. As I said, I still have the roof rack you see on top in these pictures, and I would restore that, too, and show it often.

Along with the grill, I also like the tailgate: The gate goes down and the glass goes up. I wish I had one now.

Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters