Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SHOW US YOUR VINTAGE STINGYS ! (No New hats please Vintage only)

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Nice Batch bowlerman, especially like the bowler and homburg. My Portis is pretty tame by Portis standards but the color is great and changes by the light. I love the thing.

Nice Marathon Tom, can't tell if it's gray, blue, or black though. Maybe none of the above?

I just scored a nifty Huckel this morning I'll post here as soon as it flys in from Germany.

+1
well said!

How often do you get 2 "new" vintage hats in one day and both of them turn out to be in superb condition? First time for me! the first is a Champ "Superjet" in Feather Weight greenish-brown felt, color is called Harmony Tan. Grosgrain bound brim is 2". I blame a fellow unnamed Lounger who preyed on an innocent victim (me) and sold me this hat unsolicited. Thanks Randall! :) It's a long oval so just a bit loose.

IMG_0112.jpg

terrific! I love the 1" ribbon on it

The 2nd is a Portis I hooked out of the bay. A bit surprised I was the only bidder. It was listed as charcoal and looked gray in the listing. It's actually more like a dark taupe with hints of purple. "Breeze-Lux" light weight felt, brim is 1 7/8". Looks like it was never worn, also came with a Portis box. Perfect fit.

IMG_0117.jpg

That is a beautiful bound brim on a stingy

Nice one RFF, what's the brand? Think if you halved the ribbon width and went with a lighter shade of brown (like tan maybe) it would really set it off.

it's a Cavanaugh, never though about going lighter, I might have to try that!

Vanzina. Maybe it's stingy enough to get me in?

vanzina1.jpg

thats a great bow treatment!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
My first Hückel and it happens to be a stingy. I've wanted a Hückel for quite a while and all credit for this one goes to my friend Manfred who made this happen. The feather is Manfred's touch. It's really a nice hat. Thanks Manfred, you are a prince.

It's really, really black
IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

Black sweatband, Manfred says it's from the 60's
P1000747.jpg

P1000745.jpg

davidraphael

Practically Family
Here are some my German stingys. I'm guessing all are 1960s:

From the top down:
1. Wegener "Velour" (a favourite because the crown isn't tapered)
2. Mayser-Milz "Meteor" (potentially for sale/swap if anyone is interested. size 58)
3. Mayser
4. Chibnall "Chamois" (very odd colour, but unique and interesting)

img7632x.jpg

img7633x.jpg

img7634x.jpg

img7635xf.jpg

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
The Vintage German Stingys are Simply Outstanding Hats..
You cant lose if your going for Primo Quality !

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Not sure what this hat is but it's certainly "stingy". This is a German Mayser I got from Manfred who I thank very much.

IMG_0283.jpg

Brim is 1 3/4 and has a contrasting bound brim, kool back bow
IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

Poor attempt at self portrait
IMG_0291.jpg

EggHead

Practically Family
Burkhardt's, Cincinnati Fourth & Vine - brim 1 7/8. mid 1950's

I really like the dark grey color on this one. Felt feels like kitten finish.

wk2t8l.jpg

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Not sure what this hat is but it's certainly "stingy". This is a German Mayser I got from Manfred who I thank very much.

Mike, cool! I had never thought that he looks so good on you. You look sharp, Mike. The hat has an unusual shape but you rock it!

Egg, looks good your stingy you wear it well!

Steve, cool! The same style. Nice hat and not so unusual as anyone thought!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Egg, thanks, the bow is interesting isn't it. The Burkhardt's looks sharp on you, it's nicely shaped and has good angles for you. In fact the brim looks longer than it is. I like the stingys because they are really easy to wear.

Steve, thanks for posting the Barbisio. Do you have any idea what the style is called? They seem to be a fairly dressy hat with the fancy ribbon treatments on both. Maybe they are a riding hat?

Manfred my friend, I'm glad you found this hat, you saw something special about it and had to buy it. Thanks for passing it on.

Mike, I definitely see Alpine and City dress style elements. I am not sure if there was a name for this style hat. Both Barbisio and Mayser are located near the Alps so you see that influence in some of their City dress designs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn