Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shuron Glasses

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Crappers, I JUST cracked the plastic on the arm of my vintage brow lines!
Is anyone aware of a fix or some sort of mend? The crack is right where the arms rests over the ear, so not visible, but I dont want it getting larger.

Im so sad!

LD

MisterGrey

Practically Family
If authenticity doesn't bug you, and they're Shurons, the model has remained surprisingly unchanged since the 1950s. Get a hold of Shuron (www.shuron.com), explain your dilemma, and you should be able to order a replacement.

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
I just picked up these AO browlines off eBay this week; going to have the Rx filled next week....
c66.jpg

Anyone know where I can get a pair of period clip-on shades for them?

Rob

cookie

I'll Lock Up
James Jesus would be proud of me!

Now about that remake.....:D :eek:

Lady Day said:
pinkcase.jpg

Here are my prescription sunglasses. I found the frames at a Long Beach antique store for $20! They had reflective lenses in them already but were SUPER dark.

I wear them every day. I love them, but now Im looking for a more 40s looking pair of shades.

LD

To get them in white is an AWESOME achievement!

I am intending to post some Shuron specs for sale in the classifieds after my spade shoe purchasing orgy...stay tooned...

Edward

Bartender
That the 'Cordova' colour, Tony? They look great on you. I must get some photos up of my own - I have four set of frames, but only one lensed up so far - Cordova with gold, cable temples.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Those look great tony. I just saw a man at Disneyland a few days ago that was wearing a pair of Glasses that i thought looked cool... I hadn't seen this thread yet. I asked him about them and he told me they were Shuron frames. I wrote it down and was planning to do some research then saw we have a thread on them.

Again, they suit you tony!

Mr Zablosky

New in Town
I contacted the Shuron folks by phone a while back and explained I could't find a distributor in Dallas. The guy took a credit card number and mailed several sizes of the styles I was interested in. I sent the unwanted ones back and paid for what I kept. I got a pair of silver Ronstrongs (P3 GI-issue look) and a pair of black Ronsire Zyl. Both have the cable arms that keep the things square on my head. Walmart put the lens in. About 2/3 the cost of fancy shops with a few more days wait. They should last plenty long.

Doublegun

Practically Family
Thinking of ordering a pair of gold Ronwinnes with cables. From reading this thread is sounds like the quality is pretty good. Has any one had a pair of these for a few years? I wonder how they'll hold up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy