Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Signs of The Times - Astrology Thread

Which sign are you?

• Water - Cancer, Pisces, Scorpio

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Fire - Sagittarius, Aries, Leo

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Earth - Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Air - Aquarius, Gemini, Libra

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Astrology is just a bunch of malarkey.

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Barbigirl said:
I am a Leo on July 24....I don't think I am close enough to cancer to have any of the strong willed fire tempered. [huh] oh well :p

I am also july24.
when I was a kid the birthday was shared by AmeliaAerhart & LindaCarter(WonderWoman)
Now its JenniferLopez & the guy who played "Kramer"

Had a book that overlapped Western Astrology w/ Eastern.
So I am Leo in the year of the Dragon. And my mom was a dragon too.

Elaina

One Too Many
Aries. I'm perfect in every way.

I do fit the mould of the sign. I'm a pisces rising, and a rabbit (although I've had THAT done and I'm supposed to be a dragon) so I'm a bit more even tempered then the sign usually is, but only to a point. You irk me and I'm going to knock you offa my mountain the hard way.

My son in a Gemini, libra rising and boy is he. He's also a rabbit. Husband is a Cancer on the cusp of Leo, aquarius rising and a dragon. Love me, love me, love me *CLING* now on your knees about sums him up and we have a lot of interesting 'discussions' in the house.

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Senator Jack said:
And do you live up to it?

I'm a Sagittarian, and though I really don't believe in this sort of hokum (numerology is really where it's at) I have to say that whenever I meet someone new, I can tell right away if they're a fellow Sagittarian. They'll start talking about different plans they're making (that usually never come to fruition - typical Sag trait) or they'll complain that it's three degrees too cold or three degrees too hot in the room, or that there really needs to be a lamp over in that corner. Sagittarians are known for kvetching because we instantly see how anything can be improved. It's the arrow we have in our hands, and thus we're always on target. In fact, I had entertained the notion of starting a magazine called The Archer which would be staffed by nothing but Sagittarians. Yes, another Sag plan that will never come to fruition.

What about you? Are you bull-headed? Poisonous? Judicious? And who are my fellow Sages here? (Hard to tell just from posts, so in a wild guess - Doc Devereux, Tony in Tarzana, and possibly NightandtheCity - Did I get at least one right?)

Regards,

Senator Jack

Nov. 29th! This is me to the letter lol

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
I have to say that there's more to astrology than the sun sign...it's not really left to beliefs because generally it tells it how it is, not how it may be (although sometimes that is the case)...but you have to go to someone who knows how to draw charts and and read them well to get a really concise census of the way you are as a person. It's interesting to hear a chart tell you how you really are. Makes me laugh really, because of how true everything usually is. There's also a computer program a friend of mine had that went into a lot of detail with all the different astrological houses - it was pretty accurate, but I don't know the name of it. Not like I'd pay for it, either.

Same does go for numerology, though with numerology it's easy to do it yourself, that's why it seems more accurate. Don't bother with daily horoscopes. That's a load of bull. If it's ever true, it's just coincedence.

All that said, I'm a Scorpio. I don't live up to a true all around Scorpio, but I do have it two places in my chart, so I do have a few Scorpio tendencies. Mostly being alone, having a little bit of a sting, and having a "mysterious" nature. Other than that, anything else I read about Scorpios is not me at all. I have Gemini, Libra and Sagittarius in my chart too, I believe.

skwerl-hat

One of the Regulars
im a virgo :p some of the traits that are mentioned are true, desire to serve and help others,artistic in nature (writer) etc. i used to scoff at astrology but its such an ancient belief who knows...

Quietly reserved, Virgos are polite and soft spoken people. Unassuming, outwardly cheerful and agreeable, they can be sensible, discreet, wise and witty, with an understanding of other people's problems which they tackle with deftness.

spot on :-D

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
Signs of The Times

Ever since I was a young girl I've had a passing fancy with Astrology. Among many of the attributes of my sun sign, Cancer, is the tenacious interest in the past. Which got me wondering about the folks here in the Lounge ..

It seems that Water signs (Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces) are more prone to connect on an emotional level with the past and tend to be the collectors and hoarders of found objects.

Earth signs (Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn) tend to view the past as something to be improved upon. Seeing valuable foundations and then adding to them, while still keeping the original beauty or charm intact.

Fire signs (Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius) seem to be the lively story tellers, the entertainers of the entire group. I imagine that their connection to the past is in appreciating characteristics of certain elements and incorporating them into their own flashy style.

Air signs (Aquarius, Libra, Gemini) are the more empathetic signs. Those influenced by Air can truly wear another's shoes, as it were. It seems that Air signs can literally be the people of yesterday in heart and soul.

I am definitely the Cancer description. Everything old moves me, I can almost feel the moment or the memories contained in objects, clothes, photographs, etc. I have this really deep feeling of responsibility for cherishing things that I find or were discarded, as if I am rescuing them and then making sure that they are preserved.

So, in order to sate my curiosity, what sign are you and do you think it has any influence at all in how you connect to the past?
If so, how does it manifest itself?

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I personally don't pay much heed to astrology, but the descriptions you provided are neat. I'm a capricorn, but I better fit the description of Water signs.

I do find the four elements and their place and use in history fascinating. As a practicing blacksmith, we're the only artisans to really use all four, earth for the iron, fire for the forge, air to feed the fire, and water for the slack tub (cooling metal).

Cheers,
Nick

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
Nick D said:
I do find the four elements and their place and use in history fascinating. As a practicing blacksmith, we're the only artisans to really use all four, earth for the iron, fire for the forge, air to feed the fire, and water for the slack tub (cooling metal).

What a cool craft to know! I learned to do some welding years ago when I worked on a tug boat but nothing very complicated, though that's a far cry from real blacksmithing. We had a blacksmith that would come out with his kit to do our horses, it was amazing to watch. There's a BBC show, "Time Team" that goes around the UK digging up massive plots of land. The most fascinating bits are when they recreate the artisan jobs like black smithing, medieval pottery in really cool kilns, stuff like that. Lost arts, all of them. Good on ya for that!

I'd really like to learn silver smithing ..

You don't by any chance do any home brewing do you?

Kimberly

Practically Family
I am a scorpio and it suits me to a T. In fact, when I got my palm read the palm reader knew right away that I was a scorpio due to the fact that when I held out my palm, my fingers were somewhat curled and she said it was because I was mysterious and secretive and I didn't want to reveal my whole palm because of it. :eek:

The only trait I don't have is the revenge part. I am far too old for revenge and just don't have it in me. lol

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]Since my radio callsign is 'Wabbit', I find myself quite partial to this one:

213522097_45f6b366ec_m.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Are you also a "Freelancer" sir? ;)

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ahhh, the "Whiteboard".

Excellent. :D

How did you find Sluggy? I got into it chasing a reference in a John Ringo military sci-fi novel.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
The chief pyro tech on my fireworks crew said I should give it a look, and the Whiteboard too. Yet another benefit of playing with explosives at the weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis