Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Signs of The Times - Astrology Thread

Which sign are you?

• Water - Cancer, Pisces, Scorpio

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Fire - Sagittarius, Aries, Leo

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Earth - Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Air - Aquarius, Gemini, Libra

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Astrology is just a bunch of malarkey.

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
scotrace said:
I'm INFJ also.

Holy #$%&! :) Are you a gemini? Not that I believe a bit in astrology, but curious minds want to know.

I've taken the Myers Briggs test twice through work and the second time I took it, the instructor was drinking his coffee when he was looking at my results and nearly did a spit take because they were such strong INFJ results. lol

IIRC, I'm an even split between ISTJ and one of the others--on Keirsey's tests, I come back as a dead-split (something that's supposed to be impossible--must depend on time of day I take the test or something or which threads of my logic-system are active at that time) between his "Inspector" and "Guardian" personality types, although the latter seems to dominate my nature.

And, in spite of my serpentine nature, I was born in a Year of the Monkey.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
BeBopBaby said:
Holy #$%&! :) Are you a gemini? Not that I believe a bit in astrology, but curious minds want to know.

I've taken the Myers Briggs test twice through work and the second time I took it, the instructor was drinking his coffee when he was looking at my results and nearly did a spit take because they were such strong INFJ results. lol

I'm an Aquarian.

Being able to sense the thoughts of others is pretty neat. And if you're with Senator jack, it's downright entertaining!

Novella

Practically Family
I'm a Virgo. Mostly Virgoish, although I'm not a panties in a twist conservative perfectionist. I usually don't read my horoscope, but since yesterday was my birthday I had a look at the bigger write-up. It told me I need to be more diplomatic (which I find surprising, because I'm usually the one among friends to placate people and avoid arguments), Libra adores me (their words, not mine), I should buy a lottery ticket (nah), and should act on my feelings (I do agree with this one).

Novella said:
I'm a Virgo. Mostly Virgoish, although I'm not a panties in a twist conservative perfectionist. I usually don't read my horoscope, but since yesterday was my birthday I had a look at the bigger write-up. It told me I need to be more diplomatic (which I find surprising, because I'm usually the one among friends to placate people and avoid arguments), Libra adores me (their words, not mine), I should buy a lottery ticket (nah), and should act on my feelings (I do agree with this one).

A belated Happy Birthday from me as well, Miss Novella. I'd sing it for you, but unfortunately my voice was made for silent-film.:( If me offering an outside, shallow-level analysis of your write-up wouldn't be outside my place:
->"need to be more diplomatic": From what I've seen, you're doing just fine.
->"Libra adores you": Who in their right mind doesn't?;)
->"buy a lottery ticket": Why bother?
->"act on your feelings": One of the most "interesting" lessons I had to learn as one ruled by "head" rather than "heart" is that there are times when ya just gotta throw caution to the wind and follow your heart. Go for it, young lady!

If I am out of place, please accept my apologies.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
BeBopBaby said:
I'm a gemini and a very strong INFJ. INFJ's comprise about 1% of the world, I wonder how many of them are geminis?
Hey, I'm a Gemini INFJ too! I got the MBTI results that our type is 1% of the world and I thought "that explains a lot!"

I was looking at a description of Gemini and I see some of the traits in myself--constantly needing new interests, starting projects with enthusiasm but finding it hard to stick to things till the end, strong analytical skills. But it was the negative things that cracked me up--for instance:

"They quickly learn to use their outward attractiveness to gain their own ends, and when striving for these they will use any weapon in their armory - unscrupulous lying, and cunning evasiveness; escaping blame by contriving to put it on other people, wrapped up in all the charm they can turn on."

"Like children, they demand attention, admiration, and the spending on them of time, energy and money, throwing tantrums if they don't get what they want. (yeah, that's me alright!) They reflect every change in their surroundings, like chameleons, and can become pessimistic, sullen, peevish and materialistically self-centered if circumstances force them to struggle in any way. If the conditions of life become really adverse, their strength of will may desert them entirely."

Gosh, I hope that's not true (but perhaps I am cunningly evading the truth!).

Well, Ms. IOF, it depends on the individual. I am known to be a straight-faced liar when I deem necessary, but I'm always striving for truth, and taking responsibility for my own actions.

Evasion? Guilty as charged. Charm--what's that? I lost what "charm" I had when I traded it in for "firepower".

High-maintenance fits--not quite the same as described, though: I can deliver one heck of a performance, but I require a lot of external support to enable me to "put on a show". "Chameleon" fits--although I've learned to leverage it for self-defense: it makes it easier for me to hide in plain sight when I have to.

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
Born June 21st

Cancer Gemini Cusp. 2 is my numerology number in both my name with and without my middle name and my birthday.

Cancer is the shy homebody motherly type.
Gemini is the gift of gab social butterfly type.
And 2 numerology people were just put here to help everyone else.

I have traits of both zodiac signs...I'm like three people all wrapped up in one.
:)

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
I was not able to vote.....but here is mine

I am a Gemini. To quote Wikipedia........uhum.....

And Quote "Gemini is the third sign of the Zodiac and associated with youth and versatility. Individuals born under this sign are thought to have a sociable, fun-loving, versatile, lively, communicative, liberal, mentally active and friendly character. The Gemini person is logical, smart, inquisitive, clever, whimsical, nimble, quick-witted, articulate, lively, active, curious, capable of multi-tasking, talkative, sociable, and mercurial. A less developed Gemini is prone to moodiness, inconsistency, superficiality, restlessness and gossip.

Among medieval astrologers, Gemini was thought of as a fortunate sign, and its subjects were considered to possess the qualities of intense devotion, genius, largeness of mind, goodness, and liberality.

In love, astrologers claim that the Gemini person tends to be serious, demanding and giving. When the less developed Gemini attempts a relationship they are light-hearted, oblivious, fickle, coolly affectionate, flirtatious, and may occasionally have 'a second string to their bow'." End Quote

I would have to say I am the less developed of the Gemini. I am very moody, hot tempered, restless, fickle, flirtatious. I am not prone to gossip and I am not light hearted but very strong willed and what I like to call Eclectic. I had a lady stop me in the middle of a shopping mall and tell me that she knew by looking at me that I was a Gemini. She said I had the dark and light face [huh] . It was a little creepy but I was with my husband and he is a Virgo and loves to talk so we talked to her for a good 1/2 hour or so. lol

BUT I really don't follow my astrology readings it is just fun sometimes to see what they've got to say lol

LadyStardust

Practically Family
You know what's interesting? All through this thread I've been noting what signs are replying the most, and I've noticed that barely any fire signs, especially Aries are. This is peculiar because Aries especially are touted as hugely outgoing:)rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) and assertive. As I said, load of baloney.

I suppose I'm also skewed because of, from a certain point of view, possibly having three different "birth"dates: the Gemini from the "hardware", "completion date" for the first reconstruction of my personality would make me a Virgo, and the second reconstruction either a Capricorn on cusp of Aquarius or full Aquarius--it would depend on the exact date it locked in, which is not entirely certain. Which, either way could mean a really weird blend of "earth" and "air"--what would that mean?:eek:

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
LadyStardust said:
You know what's interesting? All through this thread I've been noting what signs are replying the most, and I've noticed that barely any fire signs, especially Aries are. This is peculiar because Aries especially are touted as hugely outgoing:)rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) and assertive. As I said, load of baloney.
As a fire sign myself, I recall replying to this thread at it's onset, indeed the thread was started by a fellow saggitarian. Which of course means that we fire signers are innovators and always on the cutting edge, and are not in any way redundant. :rolleyes:

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
From one saggitarian to another: Well said :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
- we just dont like to brag about it, because we are so modest and underplayed, right?;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80