Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SILENT mouse and Keyboard

Mind if I ask why?

I assume you have your own good reason(s), and I'd like to know what they are.

Me, I prefer a bit of tactile and auditory feedback, so that I know I've hit the key. (I really don't like typing on an iPad screen.) But even this late-model Apple cordless keyboard and mouse I'm using at present makes enough racket for my wife to hear it from the other side of the house.

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
Well, it's the opposite of silent, but I really recommend a mechanical keyboard. They're constructed differently from a typical keyboard, having a separate switch underneath each key, as opposed to a standard keyboard's circuit board that connects to all the keys. They don't come cheap, though, I paid a pretty penny for mine, but it's far superior to any keyboard I've ever used before. I also think, but I'm not sure, that they're more spill resistant than standard keyboards, as I once spilled coffee all over it once, and water another time, and experienced no decrease in performance. On a good one, you can press more than one key at the same time and get a response from each of them, but the order in which they register is not always the same.

I'm afraid I can't recommend a mouse, I have a fairly basic left handed mouse that I'm very happy with, but that only applies to a small portion of consumers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo