Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simon Templar, The Saint

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
The Saint has been mentioned elsewhere in the Lounge but I didn't want to hi-jack a thread to talk about him.
I've enjoyed the various incarnations of the character.
I have only read couple of the books, enjoyed the two-reelers, watched the Roger Moore series when I was growing up and even liked the Val Kilmer movie.

I noticed that each version of the Saint is different. What are people's preferences?
I think George Sanders is my favorite.
Although I wish I could get some good photos of the knife Kilmer used in the movie. It is up there with Derek Flint's watch for cool gadgets.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
I'm strictly Old School on this one (now there's a shock). My favourite Templar era is before the war, the days of Pat Holm and 'Orace. While I'm fully appreciative of Simon's efforts when the war came, nothing beats the thought of Simon and Pat crashing through the countryside in the Hirondel with mayhem on their minds.

As an aside, the knife that Val Kilmer used was apparently six knives, each designed for the function it was due to carry out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80