Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sinatra Lost Grammy Due to his Hat!

Mr Maltby

One of the Regulars
1749_352x350.jpg

In 1959, Frank Sinatra took home other Grammies for this album. However! He lost the award for the best album cover of the year because of his lid. I found this kind of humorous, and rather appropriate info for the FL.

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
I didn't know he wore a hat!

He did, then Frank Stole it.

Or Frank told Joey Bishop to steal it, Joey hesitated and then Frank gave him a look like he was going to punch him. At which point Joey says, "Whatever you say, Frank."

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Have to agree, that is really not a nice looking hat! Stars were, and still are trend setters. If this was an attempt at trend setting, I'm glad it didn't catch on. Well, until later, don't those horrible "boy bands" wear lids like that??

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
OldSkoolFrat said:
I think Frank stole that hat from Dino
Dino had much better taste than Frank. Sartorially speaking, Dino was the leader of the pack. ;)

Mr Maltby

One of the Regulars
It's hopeless

*sigh* I like the hat. This is the problem with me. I find a group of people who like what I like. but they like it 20-30 years older than I do:eusa_doh: . Yuck it up guys. Tear that nice lil hat to shreds:( .

Mr Maltby

One of the Regulars
Also!

Also- to the person who said they didnt know that Frank wore a hat! This was one of his last records for Capitol, before he started Reprise records in 1960. The capitol years were referred to as his "hat years" because he was balding, and this was one way to stylishly conceal it. If you look at alot of footage and photography from then, youll see it. And as per Dean wearing hats, well...He had that nice head of wavy hair. But he did indeed sport the fedora a lil bit around the same era. But not as much as the chairman of the board.

Deano, same era:

reduced.gif

Mr Maltby said:
Also- to the person who said they didnt know that Frank wore a hat! This was one of his last records for Capitol, before he started Reprise records in 1960. The capitol years were referred to as his "hat years" because he was balding, and this was one way to stylishly conceal it. If you look at alot of footage and photography from then, youll see it. And as per Dean wearing hats, well...He had that nice head of wavy hair. But he did indeed sport the fedora a lil bit around the same era. But not as much as the chairman of the board.

Deano, same era:

reduced.gif

Now that's a Grammy Award winning hat. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany