Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Singapore slings

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
Who has a good sling recipe? I've had them at the American club, but never thought to get the recipe (the place they were invented). Now I order them here in the states and there is no consistency.

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
Oh, It is raffles, I don't know where the american club part came from, though I know there is one. I just remember the building, big white old 20's 30's style out of place in all the high rises. I also like the Terror Club. Which is an odd damn name for a place so nice!

Mojito

One Too Many
There was some great information posted on Page 14 of the "Your Signature Cocktail" thread by Carter, as well as some good recipes:

http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=17694&page=14

I've booked my next trip to Singapore. The friend travelling with me will be having her birthday while we're there, and we've already decided on doing a Singapore Sling tasting pub crawl to celebrate. Starting at Raffles (rather obligatory, but we're confident it won't be serving the best slings), notebook in hand and a group of us to compare results, we'll work our way around and see what they're serving over there.

As I said in the other thread, I use both the early Savoy Cocktail Book recipe (just lemon juice, cherry brandy and gin) and the Straits Sling influenced variations that use bitters, cointreau, benedictine, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24