Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Six rules for wearing fedoras

tealseal

A-List Customer
Interesting...."If your hat isn’t made out of 100% beaver fut felt, you’re doing it wrong" immediately followed by, "Borsalino, Stetson, and Lagomarsino are all good bets."
This most certainly limits the options. A brief and hardly exhaustive Google search reveals TWO fedoras by Stetson that are made of 100% beaver. There are more options from Borsalino. But the kicker is, ALL of Lagomarsino's hats are 100% hare felt (and I'd love to know where to buy this brand in the US; anyone?)

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
But the kicker is, ALL of Lagomarsino's hats are 100% hare felt (and I'd love to know where to buy this brand in the US; anyone?)

J.J. Hat Center carries them--or once did, at least. My first hat, purchased there four years ago, was a Lagomarsino.

Edward

Bartender
Most of it makes sense. However, I find it humorous that the author is so cautioning about looking like the male appendage while writing in the style of one, himself.

:D :eusa_clap

Interesting...."If your hat isn’t made out of 100% beaver fut felt, you’re doing it wrong" immediately followed by, "Borsalino, Stetson, and Lagomarsino are all good bets."
This most certainly limits the options. A brief and hardly exhaustive Google search reveals TWO fedoras by Stetson that are made of 100% beaver. There are more options from Borsalino. But the kicker is, ALL of Lagomarsino's hats are 100% hare felt (and I'd love to know where to buy this brand in the US; anyone?)

I'm beginning to wonder if the author thinks all fuir felt hats are beaver fur?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats