Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Size 8 hats?

ortega76

Practically Family
I'm looking for a porkpie hat to give as a gift. The only problem is that he wears a size 8! Being that I wear a mere 7 1/4, I have no idea where to find one. I've tried several websites but most stop at 7 3/4.

carldelo

One Too Many
I know Bencraft (lounge sponsor) has quite a few models that go up to size 8 and higher, but there's no special page - maybe drop them an email or phone call to see what they have.

Village Hat Shop and Delmonico Hatters both have dedicated pages for big-head sizes, but the pickings will be slim at that size. I know Noggintops has the Stetson Temple up to size 8. It's not a pork pie, but you could try bashing it that way.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Stetson and Biltmore both go up to a size 7 3/4 on the porkpie shapes. They never bought bigger blocks . In a regular centerdent shape , we stock up to a 8 1/4 by Biltmore. Art might be able to make one as he has bigger blocks and could hand shape a hat to a porkpie block.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Michael Bonner

New in Town
Oh, dem big head blues....

Beaver brand makes several styles in size 8: check out Fedora Store. Would have to be restyled to a porkpie, I'd guess. Custom order about six weeks.
Akubra's in most styles are available in size 8 through Everything Australian and some other sites; most must be custom ordered (3 months). Open crowns in the Campdraft could be made to a porkpie, I'd suppose; also, the Squatter as offered by EA is close to a porkpie?
Lots of custom hatters could get you a size 8 fairly quickly, I'd suppose?

Hope that helps.

ortega76

Practically Family
Yeah, I think I'm going to have to go custom for this one. It's a gift for my brother-in-law when he comes home from his deployment. He's a BIG dude and his wife, my wife and I want to get him a porkpie.

Thanks, everyone.

carldelo

One Too Many
Maybe this one?

ortega76 said:
Yeah, I think I'm going to have to go custom for this one. It's a gift for my brother-in-law when he comes home from his deployment. He's a BIG dude and his wife, my wife and I want to get him a porkpie.

Thanks, everyone.

Ortega - I just ran across the Porkpie from Christy's, up to size 63, which is about size 7.9, not sure it's big enough - it's the fifth one down on this page.

http://www.hornetshats.com/f_hatview.php?link=Fur Felts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran