Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sizing opinion plz

Damo

A-List Customer
Hello, just got two choppers, which one do you think fits better.

The smaller one (eyes closed) is super tight with only a tee shirt under.

The other one is a little bit bigger but I don't think its too big…

Right now I'm leaning towards the bigger one as I feel the smaller one is too small.. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hard to tell with these pics but the one in the less blurry pic looks like its bigger... especially in the sleeve (longer and baggier)

I would go for the one with the longer sleeves. Won't say bigger as they're almost the same but, yeah. You've got a nice contemporary Styleforum prefered fit going on with the smaller Chopper but trust me, you'll find a larger jacket much more rewarding as time will go by - and by larger I mean, one that's clearly in your size. Though beside the sleeve length, the difference is really marginal so if I am to be asked, go with the larger jacket.

Tough let's hear what others have to say, as the reflection in the mirror took up most of my attention. :D

Blackadder

Get both. Wear the small one with the tee and look good and stylish. Wear the bigger one if you need to put on more layers inside to keep warmth.
BTW, Mr Monitor would you say the bigger one's waist is too wide? There seems to be some space there.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Tough call. Both look very good. Though the smaller one looks just a hair more flattering, I think you'll find peace of mind knowing you'll have room to layer or account for any weight gain.

pipvh

Practically Family
I would say the one on the left fits as it should - i.e. Ramones 1976. If you get both, it'll probably be the one you sell first, though...

Plumbline

One Too Many
if you're just gonna pose in it ... then get the smaller one ... if you're gonna actually wear it on a bike you'll need the longer sleeves of the larger one ( which fits like a bike jacket should )

BTW, Mr Monitor would you say the bigger one's waist is too wide? There seems to be some space there.

Seems no more than an inch of a difference. Certainly, neither of the two jackets make the gentleman appear as if he is wearing a bell. I would be happy with either. But yes, I was speaking of practicality, the truth is, smaller one does look more flattering. Makes you look super cool. :)

mendelboaz

One Too Many
I say go with the eyes-opened jacket, looks much better IMO. More athletic fit by the looks of it, the other one doesn't look right to me. Lovely jacket, by the way!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
To me the smaller one looks better (the one on the right) the fit is a lot nicer and the sleeves don't look to long.
I don't understand the obsession with long sleeves regarding motorcycle fit, just wear gauntlet gloves and it doesn't matter.

IXL

One Too Many
Larger one. They both look fine, but as stated by others, the larger will be the more practical size for real-world wearing. And besides, does not this jacket have side belts?

Damo

A-List Customer
Took some more pics, now I'm not sure I like how either of them fit… K here are some more pics of the smaller one

photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 3.JPG

Completely ignore my previous posts - I'm changing my mind. Looking at the new photos, there's really no doubt whatsoever that the smaller jacket is the one you should go with. Fits you perfectly! How can you not like the way it fits? Look at how great the profile photo looks, how the jacket's following the curvature of your back, as a trim jacket should, while the bigger one's just hanging there!

Can't get over how awesome the Chopper is... Wanna trade? XD

Damo

A-List Customer
Completely ignore my previous posts - I'm changing my mind. Looking at the new photos, there's really no doubt whatsoever that the smaller jacket is the one you should go with. Fits you perfectly! How can you not like the way it fits? Look at how great the profile photo looks, how the jacket's following the curvature of your back, as a trim jacket should, while the bigger one's just hanging there!

Can't get over how awesome the Chopper is... Wanna trade? XD

Lol, I'm wearing the smaller around the house and I think its fitting a bit better. So I'm leaning towards the smaller one too..

I can trade but don't you have several jackets?

tropicalbob

If you plan on keeping it for a long time, I'd go with the "eyes open" one. Question is, which one did your girlfriend prefer?

IXL

One Too Many
I would still go with the larger one. These jackets don't need to appear spray-painted on in order to reflect a good fit. If you elect to go with the smaller one, I would advise you to make sure you can actually move around in it: reach across your body to grab a car's safety belt, or reach a book located on a higher shelf, or can you pair it with a heavy sweater in winter, for example. Both of the jackets look good on you, though.

Damo

A-List Customer
I think the larger one looks better from the front whereas I feel like the smaller one looks too small from the front.

I do like the way the smaller looks from the side and back profiles but don't think that out weighs the front profile.

Feel the smaller just looks off. Is it time to custom langlitz??:p

mendelboaz

One Too Many
The smaller one looks small, yes. But as long as you can zip it up and the sleeves aren't too short and you feel good about the look and fit, I say go for it! Both look great IMO, smaller one just looks sexier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy