Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sizing opinion plz

Bucket

Familiar Face
It really depends on how you plan on wearing the jacket.... is this jacket for riding or for casual. if you are using the jacket for riding, I believe the larger jacket would be the more functional, for layering and extending arms to reach the bars.

They both look great though. I feel your pain, I am always in the same situation when buying jackets. I'm pretty much a perfect size 39, but always have to decide between a 38 or a 40 .... gives me too much stress. lol

Big J

Call Me a Cab
It really depends on how you plan on wearing the jacket.... is this jacket for riding or for casual. if you are using the jacket for riding, I believe the larger jacket would be the more functional, for layering and extending arms to reach the bars.

They both look great though. I feel your pain, I am always in the same situation when buying jackets. I'm pretty much a perfect size 39, but always have to decide between a 38 or a 40 .... gives me too much stress. lol

Yep, I agree with this. I've bought jackets for riding in because they looked great with a white T-shirt underneath, only to regret it when I couldn't get a sweater on underneath in winter.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
All things considered, you're in a fortunate spot where both sizes fit you well and look the part. So it's only a matter of preference. Neither is too big or too small, and I don't think you can do much better fit wise for both.

Yep, I agree with this. I've bought jackets for riding in because they looked great with a white T-shirt underneath, only to regret it when I couldn't get a sweater on underneath in winter.

That is true. Layering is important for riding, but the smaller jacket doesn't look small at all on Damo, just more flattering. Certainly, neither size is a Styleforum approved fit. :D

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think you can get away with either, its now down to climate. Will you be wearing it with just a t-shirt most of the time or with another layer under?

Damo

A-List Customer

They both look great though. I feel your pain, I am always in the same situation when buying jackets. I'm pretty much a perfect size 39, but always have to decide between a 38 or a 40 .... gives me too much
stress. lol

This is my first time buying a leather jacket so I feel your pain. Spoke to vanson and they can make an in-between size but the kickers are it's going to cost about $100 more and won't be ready till Xmas..

Really thought this wasn't going to be so tricky!!!

Damo

A-List Customer
I think you can get away with either, its now down to climate. Will you be wearing it with just a t-shirt most of the time or with another layer under?

I imagine I would mostly wear it with just a tee shirt but I think if I go with the in-between size I could get away with a tee shirt or two layers. If I keep one of these two jackets it will be the smaller one. Looks like I'll be wearing the smaller one around my house tonight to help with my decision.

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dont forget that leather will mould to your shape, not stretch as such but will fit better over time, so even if its snug now, it probably won't be so much in a few months. I find the tighter the fit, the more noticeable this becomes.

Damo

A-List Customer
Sent them back for the inbetween size. Hopefully it will fit. This process makes me think that a custom langlitz is the way to go for next jacket. Once again thanks for all the help

Bucket

Familiar Face
I'm sure you made the right move, the wait will stink, but you will be happy. Believe me....I've been there. Best of luck. Keep us posted.

Damo

A-List Customer
You made the right call. I hope it turns out the way you want it to. At least you've also got that Brown Model B to look forward to! ;)

This process has turned me off from getting the dark brown model b. Vanson says it will fit me perfectly based on the my in-between size Chopper but originally they said the 42 (smaller one) would fit me. I'm really considering cancelling the order and proceeding on to a langlitz...

mendelboaz

One Too Many
If that's what you want, go for it man... You could get a Padded Columbia with a mandarin collar and you've got about the same basic jacket. Perhaps you could also request those Old School British-styled side buckles. You know you want it .... ;)

Damo

A-List Customer
If that's what you want, go for it man... You could get a Padded Columbia with a mandarin collar and you've got about the same basic jacket. Perhaps you could also request those Old School British-styled side buckles. You know you want it .... ;)

I'm thinking about a straight zip dark brown medium weight cow hide cascade with hidden elbow pads, stash pocket on the left forearm, gun pocket, hidden arm pit pockets and maybe 2 chest pockets (might just have one on the right. I didn't really want to spend that much $ on a langlitz but this way I know I'll get the right fit.

I am waiting to see what vansons return policy is on the dark brown model b before canceling it..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy