Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skin Care tips/remedies

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Miss Neecerie said:
I did try it for a while and I liked what it did for skin....

but then *shuffles feet* I got lazy again and stopped bothering...

I have issues with routine self care stuff and keeping it going.....

You aren't alone. I was great with the Pond's for a couple months. I fell off the wagon. I still don't use my stripping products, and I moisturize every morning with a quality moisturizer, and that has made a huge difference. I am sure it would be better if I kept up with the Pond's and the mud mask, but [huh] Oh well :)

Chickpea

Familiar Face
Funny how different Hauschka is markeded. In Norway it´s an inexpensive line only to be bought in health-care shops.

Currently I use the Hauschka Rose cream at night. For day I use Dermalogica sheer tint. I cleanse with Dermalogica clay cleanser (I need to switch to a milder one). I use Weleda Calendula baby oil as a body moisturizer, and I have Hauschka and Jas??n hand creams.

I mix and match a bit, and have also tried Lavera products. For a while I used Weleda Wildrose moisturizer, and that was great.

Have you checked www.strawberrynet.com for prices on Haushcka? I see that they are a bit above the norwegian price, but maybe cheaper than the US?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Chickpea said:
Funny how different Hauschka is markeded. In Norway it´s an inexpensive line only to be bought in health-care shops.

Oh, I think it's only sold in healthcare shops here too, but it's quite pricey!

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
LUSH do a facial cleanser with ground almonds and clay in it, Angels on Bare Skin. Here's the ingredient list:
Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Kaolin, Water (Aqua), Lavender Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Lavender Flowers (Lavendula hybrida), Perfume

There's also the Herbalism one. I've tried it and liked it, but it got moldy after 3-4 weeks so I had to discard it. :(

Edit: Aorta, thanks for the tip on the Lavera Wildrose eyegel, I'll pick one up on the next occasion. That rose scent is just delightful!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lush products are great, but they're just so expensive and tend to not last very long!

I swear by Cetaphil skin cleanser.

Jenautica

Familiar Face
KittyT said:
I swear by Cetaphil skin cleanser.

Amen Sister! With warm weather upon us, I had to flip from ponds to cetaphil and I'm LOVING IT. I was shocked that it could clean so well (for looking like wallpaper paste).

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Jenautica said:
Amen Sister! With warm weather upon us, I had to flip from ponds to cetaphil and I'm LOVING IT. I was shocked that it could clean so well (for looking like wallpaper paste).

Yes, Cetaphil works as well as any eye makeup remover. And for me, it's nice to be able to tissue it off and leave a thin film, if I need a little extra moisture!

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Chickpea said:
Are Lush products free from mineral oils? They dont sell this brand over here...

No, they don't use minerals oils. Their shampoos do contain sulphates though.
They don't have shops in Denmark either, but they do have several shops in Sweden.
Their soaps are fantastic, but on the other hand, some of the other products are so simple that I get the feeling that I might as well make them myself.
I've ordered online from their UK site but shipping was rather steep, so maybe it would be possible to have it sent from Sweden instead? It's worth a try.

... I just checked the www.lush.se site and it IS possible to order online from Sweden, Norway Denmark and Finland, but shipping is 200 SEK (shock!). So you're probably better off checking out a Lush shop next time you go to a country that has one.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I love the Angels on Bare Skin scrub - I used to avoid scrubs because they can cause microscopic tears in your pores, but the teeny particles in this one are just a buffing type thing. Love it, and the lavendar oil is great for my greasy skin. Their Babyface cleanser bar is great too.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
I love the Angels on Bare Skin scrub - I used to avoid scrubs because they can cause microscopic tears in your pores, but the teeny particles in this one are just a buffing type thing. Love it, and the lavendar oil is great for my greasy skin. Their Babyface cleanser bar is great too.

Thanks, I might have to try that scrub! I looove Lush. My favorites are their masks (amazing) and also the Flying Fox temple balm.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've been using Angels on Bare Skin and Coalface lately, and I love them both. My boyfriend loves Coalface too! We use it for a regular soap, which is expensive, but is great for our skin. We both are prone to body breakouts, expecially in the summer. :eusa_doh:

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Old fashioned (or new fashioned) tricks for dry sensative skin.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest any products for dry skin, sensative on the face. During the winter, my skin gets so dry and no amount of moisturizer/night cream helps it, the only products I have found to work are those really expensive ones, I have been told I need to exfoliate a couple times a week, but all of the scrubs are not made for sensative skin.

Any recommendations?

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I'm not sure this belongs in here. I know a girl who goes jogging before a date. She goes for a run and then hops in the shower and starts getting ready. She says it gives her skin a nice glow.

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
MarieAnne said:
I'm not sure this belongs in here. I know a girl who goes jogging before a date. She goes for a run and then hops in the shower and starts getting ready. She says it gives her skin a nice glow.

if i did this lately id be spending my date in the hospital....im that outa shape!!:p :rolleyes:

crwritt

One Too Many
I was wondering if anyone could suggest any products for dry skin, sensative on the face. During the winter, my skin gets so dry and no amount of moisturizer/night cream helps it, the only products I have found to work are those really expensive ones, I have been told I need to exfoliate a couple times a week, but all of the scrubs are not made for sensative skin.

Any recommendations?

Having sensitive skin, I've been told to avoid scrubs, but the easiest way I've found to make one that agrees with me is to add a tiny pinch pf baking soda to whatever cleansing cream or moisturiser I am using.
Have you tried Oil cleansing? Apply a tiny bit of pure olive oil to your face and massage in, then remove with a steaming washcloth. While the skin is still damp. rub another drop of oil into your hands, then spread lightly over your face to moisturize.
I've tried jojoba oil, castor oil, grapeseed oil, extra virgin olive oil, separately and in various combinations, and they have all been gentle to my skin.
If you insist on a scub, add the tiniest pinch of baking soda to the oil before massaging.

Antje

One Too Many
I was told by the very anoying make up lady, Who also said that red lipstick doesnt suit me. (I mentioned it in the show us your hairdo's section)
That I really had to scrub my face every week I never done that because I get a lot of red spots in my facial skin,
So my tip is clean you'r face everyday with good lotions and before you go to sleep I put a lot of pure seabutter on my face.

And when I wake up my skin is fabulous soft and no red spots, I have combination skin and it works for me.

I read somewhere that nuts like peanuts and walnuts are great for hairgrowht
also.

And i know from personal experience that when you eat a lot of fresh fruits your skin looks so much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael