Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sleeve length

grey_goat

New in Town
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, and have recently ordered an 30's halfbelt from Aero. I'm still sorting out sizing, and was hoping to find some guidance from the experience here. I've got pretty long arms, generally a 36/37 sleeve length in shirts (which are frequently still a bit short) and when my girlfriend measured me (centre of the neck across a bent arm to just past the wrist) I was between 37.5" to 38".

Does anyone have experience ordering a jacket with arms like these? Is it best to just give Amanda those measurements and go from there? She suggested measuring some of my own jackets and they'll make them to that length, but I come out with a measurement of 28" which seems pretty long and uncommon.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Sam

Sam
I am 6'2"..and have a 34 1/2 " shirtsleeve length.
I like a 26 1/4" sleeve in an Aero jacket.
26 1/2" in body length.

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

Last edited:

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Hi Sam,
For my last Aero I went up and was measured by Will, he told me I had long arms and he said he would lengthen the sleeves by 1 1/2 " to make them 27" they fit exactly like HD's in the pic's, bear in mind that they do ride up about 1" when they get wrinkly, also remember if the sleeves are ordered too short it's more difficult to alter than if they are slighty too long.

D

grey_goat

New in Town
Thanks for the info folks. I'm like my sleeves to be about 1/2" longer than HoosierDaddy's, partially covering the pinkey joint. A lifetime of short sleeves means I compensate when I can!

I think my best bet will be to give as accurate a measurement I can to Amanda of my actual sizing. I'll also send some pictures of where I like the cuff to land. I'm looking at getting the jacket in seal goat, and have heard that that might not develop creases in quite the same way, meaning less of a shortening. Can anyone chime in on that?

Thanks for posting those pictures with sizing HoosierDaddy... I'm still trying to narrow down the jacket length too, and those measurements help

We've discussed before. I too have suffered a lifetime of too-short sleeves, etc. and will almost always over-compensate. Only time I end up not able to is buying used of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner