Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sleeves too short on new Lost Worlds Ryder jacket?

Kenal0

New in Town
Thanks. I've decided I'll take this advice. I really do love how the jacket looks. I'm just going to stop worrying about it, and wear it happily. If I have problems someday with sleeves getting too short, I'll look into adding cuffs then.

Thanks everyone, this is a great forum. What an incredible thing to be treated with civility on the internet.

Good idea. It is a great looking jacket and at that price it was a steal.
Kenal

Dodo

Familiar Face
I prefer longer sleeves on me but i don't find sleeves in your jacket are so short to make it unwearable, absolutely. Anyway, wearing a long slevees shirt the aesthetic of the set should improve more! Try!! just my 2 eurocent opinion!! Enjoy that beautiful jacket!!

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
the collar on that jacket is awesome, i wish I had the luck of finding a sale one that fit me.
I think you look cool and yes the sleeves are a tad short but it works. 99% of people probably doesnt notice it anyway.

Not to be rude, but the first thing I noticed was the jeans. Personally, i would find some tighter jeans, but each to his/her own.

casmirradon

New in Town
... Not to be rude, but the first thing I noticed was the jeans. Personally, i would find some tighter jeans, but each to his/her own.

Ha ha, yeah, no offense taken. Those are pretty crappy Rustler jeans that I got a while back for just a few bucks, mostly for wearing around the house. Next time I have some spare money I want to try some Nudie Slim Jim's, but in the meanwhile my nice pair are Acne Moc Raws which fit me pretty well and look a lot better than this.

mrc

Familiar Face
I really don't mind arms being "too short." The jacket actually looks more historically accurate with the arms and body length as you currently have it. I'm 6'0" and have an original early '40s Hercules and the fit is about the same as the fit is in the pictures that you're showing. The jacket is to the top of your belt and the sleeves are to your wrist bones, both of which make the jacket look very sharp and sleek. I know that I'm the voice of "un"reason here, but I really like the jacket on you! Cool fit and very hip! Congratulations on your purchase!

These guys didn't mind short sleeves. In fact, they embraced them and made them look stylish.

http://www.truepunk.com/wp-content/uploads/ramones.jpg

This is what I was alluding to--the shorter sleeves and body length actually make the jacket look original, and original in my book, whether it's guitars or leather jackets, has always been a plus.

Last edited:

kyboots

Practically Family
I think it is a great looking jacket. The jeans are the main problem with the length, just don't wear low riders and loose jeans. The sleeves are a little shorter for my tastes but NO ONE will notice this at all. Just enjoy the jacket and don't spend anymore money on it.Looks great!---John

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Next time I have some spare money I want to try some Nudie Slim Jim's, but in the meanwhile my nice pair are Acne Moc Raws which fit me pretty well and look a lot better than this.

I personally love the slim jims, they fit me exactly as I think a straight leg jeans should fit. You look thinner then me thought and might fit even slimmer nudies. The slim jims arent really slim, they just came along time ago when that was considered slim, hence the name. Try them on, Im glad I did. They dont have button fly tho, but the zipper seems good.

Acne is my second favourite brand :D

Rambler

New in Town
I would say the sleeves are ok if wearing just for fashion vs. riding since you won't be extending your arms in need of the extra sleeve length. The sleeves in my suburban come down to about the same area as yours. I wear a full armored suit for riding so I don't need the extra sleeve length in this jacket.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is worth a trip to a local tailor that specializes in working with leather. Maybe there is enough to let it out 1/2" which might do the trick. Are there cuffs in the sleeve? if not maybe adding them is an option. It is not that bad that it is unwearable. Too me it is more important how it feels. I do agree that once it breaks in and loosens up, it will be a tad longer. It is a very nice looking jacket.

Kenal0

I think before going to someone else, it's always better to try to resolve it with the orignal maker / seller. Once anyone cuts or modifies someone else's product, you've lost any chance you have of having the maker / retailer take responsibility. As someone else suggested, I would ask that they allow you to return the jacket in exchange for 36L. To me, the sleeves looked marginally OK but slightly short, but the body itself, to my eye, was definitely short on you. Unless they state otherwise, IE all sales final, they whould be willing to make sure that the customer is satisfied, if not completely pleased, with their purchase.

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
I think the sleeve length is right on. In fact, I think the whole jacket looks great on you. I would wear it around for a while before sending it out for sleeve alterations.

It looks like you have a keeper to me.

Noel

casmirradon

New in Town
I think the sleeve length is right on. In fact, I think the whole jacket looks great on you. I would wear it around for a while before sending it out for sleeve alterations.

It looks like you have a keeper to me.

Noel

As an update, I've been wearing this jacket every day and I've been 100% happy with my decision to simply stop worrying about it. The sleeves look great for wearing around town, and the length of the jacket is perfect when I stand up straight and have my pants on high enough (not sure what was going on in the picture, but I obviously needed to cinch up those jeans).

It's an excellent jacket, and I'm very happy I have it (and a good thing too, as I have not been nearly as impressed with Lost World's service as I am with their product).

Rambler

New in Town
I think you made the right choice in keeping it. I think it looks good and like others have said, nobody will ever notice. Besides, how often are you standing at attention to highlight that the sleeve and body length are not within perfect parameters? It's not worth sweating it when you got an off the rack deal vs. a custom made, higher cost jacket. I also bet that if you unzip the jacket, everything will fall a little lower. I have broad shoulders and when I fully zip mine, everything raises up about an inch or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy