Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slightly Sinister Children of the Golden Era

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
Katt in Hat said:
Just about the time the War ended and we were still in Brooklyn.(1945-6) My memory is certain on this. Not weird at all.

You SAY your memory is certain, but were you drinking lithium sodas at the time??? Hmmmm????

Angelicious

One of the Regulars
herringbonekid said:
the last one.... i can't tell if it's a painting or a photograph.
Hand-tinted photograph, it seems to me. Photographers used to do it (or employ young girls to do, respectable enough occupation for a lady) to each photo individually! Not something you see much now...

(I recall Frieda Kahlo used to hand-tint photographs when she was small, in her father's studio.)

Story

I'll Lock Up
Little Timmy realized that he needed to pack his cheeks like a rabid chipmunk, before Mommy Dearest sticks him back in that dark, dark basement.
cal53apr.jpg

(Blondie's wearin' 4" red heels to the supermarket? Yowsa)

Story

I'll Lock Up
Mommy will *always* take care of the evidence
(or 'where's the neighbor's cat?')
rcaw59mom.jpg

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
Quick!! What kind of paint do I use to get MY washer and dryer that shade of yellow???????

CW

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
I think GMC called it Chrome Yellow. Don't blame me if you can't see after painting it. That color is bright. My laundry room is that color. It glows in the dark. Summer job number one---paint room. :eek:

Regards,

J

Well, a glow in the dark laundry room is a bad idea--no one should have to do laundry in the middle of the night! lol

Story

I'll Lock Up
CWetherby said:
Quick!! What kind of paint do I use to get MY washer and dryer that shade of yellow???????

CW

Maybe you ought to be asking what's the half-life of that paint job?

GE - we bring good things to light.

ADACTears2.jpg

The doll that cries REAL tears!
(but only if you bite it on the cheek)

MAGNAVERDE

New in Town
Cybil Shepard started her career early, as one of the Breck Girls and I think that's a young Alice Cooper eying those Pork & Beans.

Thanks for the link to Plan 59, Doctor Strange. I first found it back when it had another name, but I love the place.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Veronica Parra said:

This little girl it scaring the heck outta me! I think it's the beady-eyed stare of un-veiled lust for the viscera mom is spreading on the little girls bread combined with her little chiclet tooth-filled grin that is disturbing me most.

Warden

One Too Many
Hi ya CWetherby

I know it is :eek:fftopic: but while painting your kitchen yellow, why not have your living room like this

hemingway_installation.jpg

Harry

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Warden said:
Hi ya CWetherby

I know it is :eek:fftopic: but while painting your kitchen yellow, why not have your living room like this

hemingway_installation.jpg

Harry

I actually really like that - I think it's a great focal point for that room and it gives an otherwise bland room a lot of character. But then - I have a weakness for Tretchikoff paintings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo