Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So a lady called me a Pimp today....

Story

I'll Lock Up
I did hear the "pimp" like comment last year. It was offered as a compliment by a local resident. Taken in that spirit, here is me channeling some pimp:
Photo-on-2011-11-02-at-1354-2-M.jpg

It is hard to channel "pimp." I guess if it was easy, everybody would be doing it! :)

Best, Eric -

Helps to walk down the street to your own soundtrack.
Also, you need rings. Big ones.

[video=youtube;7TrZFxhrPUI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TrZFxhrPUI[/video]

Jus' sayin'.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I forgot about this one, but one time a girl I know called my hat a pimp hat. I said to her "It's a fedora.Your grandfather wore a fedora. Was he a pimp?"
I also had my fedora called a yankee doodle hat (feather was in) but thats another story.

May I use that one it's gotta be one of the best comebacks I've heard in a long time?

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
9 pages of comments, and no picture of the hat, or of the OP wearing it as he was that day. Hard to pass judgment without at least perspective.

Lynx

New in Town
It occurs to me that a woman who knows what a pimp looks like isn't actually a lady.

exactly, and the other thing is that she corrects her son (am assuming young) that it is not a cowboy hat but a pimp hat. I can see how he might know cowboy, but pimp hat is somehow supposed to clarify things for him?

It is funny to me; when wearing a hat I have heard a broad spectrum of commentary on the same day - from Amish to Michael Corleone. Its true how everyone looks out their own window. Its kinda like art I guess in that way, everyone will see something different and appreciate it in different ways (or not for different reasons).

In many cases the weight of an opinion is dependent on the source. Your own being the one of greatest importance. Wear it in good health.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Pimpin!

The only comments I have ever had on my hat was that I looked like a preacher, or some kids yelled out, "MAFIOSO!".

People are going to spout off what ever comes to mind, as hats are not a common sight anymore. Unless it is a flat-billed ball cap.

And as others have said, she may have been a "LOTN" (Lady of the night), and to say that to her child is quite interesting...

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
exactly, and the other thing is that she corrects her son (am assuming young) that it is not a cowboy hat but a pimp hat. I can see how he might know cowboy, but pimp hat is somehow supposed to clarify things for him?

It is funny to me; when wearing a hat I have heard a broad spectrum of commentary on the same day - from Amish to Michael Corleone. Its true how everyone looks out their own window. Its kinda like art I guess in that way, everyone will see something different and appreciate it in different ways (or not for different reasons).

In many cases the weight of an opinion is dependent on the source. Your own being the one of greatest importance. Wear it in good health.

Well, for deep comments with a rather open minded way of looking at it, I think you hit the nail on the head! I wear a hat like crazy all the time, never hardly am outside without my hat on, even if I am still in pajama's! (you know grab the paper or something at 6 am), but to date I have not one time had any negative comment to my face at least, always has been nice compliments, a lot of "where can I buy one of those".....

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Living in the Party Town of the south (Noo Awlins), I rarely get a compliment or even comment on my hats. There are too many "unusually dressed" characters roaming the streets for me to stand out. When I was going to early vote, though, and while wearing my '70s-era OR with the 2.5" brim, an elderly gentleman biked past me and called out, "Cool hat!"

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Living in the Party Town of the south (Noo Awlins), I rarely get a compliment or even comment on my hats. There are too many "unusually dressed" characters roaming the streets for me to stand out. When I was going to early vote, though, and while wearing my '70s-era OR with the 2.5" brim, an elderly gentleman biked past me and called out, "Cool hat!"

Off topic but you folks really need Sean Payton back,go saints go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou