Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

so disappointed...

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
so I go into my sociology class and I have my Billie Holiday shirt on...I pass by a freshman and she says "who is that on your shirt?" I said, "Billie Holiday" and she says........"oh, I think I've seen him in a movie before..." I kept walking and sat down...so sad...*sigh*...

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Hmm...I could have sworn I saw Billie Holiday working at Subway last week...

Most people just don't have any idea of the people and ideas that existed prior to five years ago.

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
Hee hee hee, so sad. It's just like in "Clueless"...
"Do you like Billie Holiday?"
"Yeah, I love him!"

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
SamMarlowPI said:
so I go into my sociology class and I have my Billie Holiday shirt on...I pass by a freshman and she says "who is that on your shirt?" I said, "Billie Holiday" and she says........"oh, I think I've seen him in a movie before..." I kept walking and sat down...so sad...*sigh*...

Next time you see her, give her a CD of Lady Day music, and say, "Every female vocalist alive today wish they could sing like her."

Bet she'll listen to it and never turn back.

*muhahahahahhhhh*
LD

Dismuke

One of the Regulars
SamMarlowPI said:

I am pretty much the same way, however, when it comes to performers of modern so-called "music." I can't stand the stuff so I do my best to avoid having to hear it - which means, of course, I do not know the names of the performers. The one exception is if they are so pathetic that they rise to the level of freak show. I have heard of Michael Jackson and Britany Spears (though I wouldn't recognize their recordings) simply because they are such utter freaks.

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
The Wolf said:
Oh yeah, he was a great actor but I prefer actresses like Leslie Howard :D.

Sincerely,
the Wolf

I thought you meant it for a second.

"Mommy, when you were a kid were you a boy?"

Sound of laughter from the bystanders...

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
SamMarlowPI said:

Question:

Exactly what type of shirt were you wearingn that made this helplessly hopeless lump of a girl think Billie was a man.:eek:

Every picture I've seen of her, all the way to the horribly ravaged way she looked at the end of her life, you... er... I could always tell she was 100% female.

And I agree with LadyDay (Interesting name considering the topic no? I figured you might post! lol ) about the CD thing.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
dahliaoleander said:
Question:Exactly what type of shirt were you wearing that made this helplessly hopeless lump of a girl think Billie was a man.:eek:
Excellent question! Let's see the shirt.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
i got it from the JazzTimes Magazine website before they changed it...
BHshirt.jpg

name and everything...

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
SamMarlowPI said:
i got it from the JazzTimes Magazine website before they changed it...
BHshirt.jpg

name and everything...

OMG! :eek: That is one of the single most recognized images of La Holiday ever!
And it is so obviously female!!! How blind was she? What fun house mirror was she looking through!

The way I see it: The girl either need a reality check, her prescription checked, or is one of those single digit IQ wonders of the world.

Next time you'll tell me Josephine Baker is a flat-chested, no-talent hack. (*Sarcasm!*)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24