Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

LUdpD58.jpg

:p

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
No, not applauding the driver but at the same time it doesn't bother me. I'm sure he/she had a reason to park like that. I see that the cars are British; if you've lived here as long as I have you get used to the British doing things in a different, and maybe more self centered, way.

The Brits have definitely not cornered the market on self-centeredness. We've got loads of it here.

Afaic, there is no valid excuse for parking across 4 parking spaces. To even suggest that there is makes me wonder.

The Brits have definitely not cornered the market on self-centeredness. We've got loads of it here.

Afaic, there is no valid excuse for parking across 4 parking spaces. To even suggest that there is makes me wonder.
Some people can't even manage to park in one space. A couple of days ago I went to the local supermarket, and in the lane I chose there were three different cars that were not only parked crooked, but the rear halves (and I do mean half) of those cars were sticking out into the lane blocking traffic as if the drivers somehow managed to get the front tires into those spaces and decided, "Eh, that's good enough." o_O

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Some people can't even manage to park in one space. A couple of days ago I went to the local supermarket, and in the lane I chose there were three different cars that were not only parked crooked, but the rear halves (and I do mean half) of those cars were sticking out into the lane blocking traffic as if the drivers somehow managed to get the front tires into those spaces and decided, "Eh, that's good enough." o_O

And then we have discern between accidental moronity and intentional moronity. :rolleyes:

There are a sizable number of handicap permits handed out to people who don't actually qualify, despite what some doctors sign off on.

I happen to be related to such a person. Thing is, he really ought to know better --and I believe he does, deep down -- seeing how his sister-in-law is a lifelong wheelchair user and knows that parking spaces reserved for such people are not in plentiful supply. But he's emotionally stunted. I hold out little hope he'll outgrow it, not at his Social Security-eligible age.

There are a sizable number of handicap permits handed out to people who don't actually qualify, despite what some doctors sign off on.
When I first asked my doctor about whether or not he'd be willing to sign the paperwork so I could get one of the temporary Disabled Person Parking Placards his response was, "Nah, we'll get you one of the permanent ones. That way they'll just send you a new one every two years." At the time I was still working my way through the various treatments that might resolve my pain issues and I thought he was just trying to make it easier on me, but now I realize that was his way of hinting I'd probably be needing one longer than I thought I would. That said, I only use it if I'm having a particularly "bad" day; on "good" days I don't because I know there are people who are in worse condition and need that space more than I do.

Edward

Bartender
I've seen that in parking areas without lines to designate the spots, which is rare around here, but probably more common where you are. But when there's lines, there's the rare oh-my-car-is-so-important guy that parks considerably over the lines. I've even seen a few parked in 4 spaces by the oh-my-car-is-so-important-and-I'm-so-important types.

View attachment 117338

Where I'm from, thst would be sn invitation to have your windows stoved in. Less from frustrated drivers left without a space, more local, feral kids who can sense that this is a car-owner who would take it worse.

Here in the UK, the far bigger problem is family members who abuse one that is genuinely needed by a relative. That, and the idiots (whether they need it or not) who think that it is a licence to park anywhere they please, whether safe or no....

One of my dad's favourite sayings has long been "That's not parked, it's abandoned!"

I've seen that in parking areas without lines to designate the spots, which is rare around here, but probably more common where you are. But when there's lines, there's the rare oh-my-car-is-so-important guy that parks considerably over the lines. I've even seen a few parked in 4 spaces by the oh-my-car-is-so-important-and-I'm-so-important types.

View attachment 117338

That video of the jeeps is superb! I wonder did the guy even realise why he'd left himself open to it?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You mean you don't have one yet? Get with it Scotty! [emoji14]
When driving here in the UK, you will come across temporary speed limits put up to protect the workforce when road repairs are under construction. There's always the mindless moron who flagrantly disobeys the temporary speed limit. I've often wondered where they get their exemption certificates from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace