Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Spent five minutes this afternoon viewing MSNBC coverage of recent presidential pardon
of two relatively minor Russiagate figures, with empanel commentator righteous leftist indignation
thereof. I am always amused by typical cable bias, but, the protracted denial of truth is becoming
more prevalent as the days wind down over the current incumbency.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Post Script to above. The Mueller Investigation lacked proper foundation for lack of cause.
A two year wild goose chase followed; later the charade ended with the bloated Mueller Report
which took a strange conclusion over the investigation and theoretical obstruction of justice muse.

Under Article II, section II, presidential pardon privilege is given laconic constitutional birth,
restricted solely by impeachment. Ancillary issues exclusive said are allowed privilege.
The incumbent therefore is free to write pardon for himself; prior to and inclusive of presidential
tenure. Theorists can argue over Deuce's deuce to no philosophical avail, since the privilege
cannot be excised, excused, or meliorated to satiate bias.

Last edited:
If you want to introduce the 2nd Christmas (Holi)Day on 26th Dec. in the US, you can buy it from Germany, if you want. I hate this two days of stupid conSUMPTION. One is enough!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
If you want to introduce the 2nd Christmas (Holi)Day on 26th Dec. in the US, you can buy it from Germany, if you want. I hate this two days of stupid conSUMPTION. One is enough!

Saints v Vikings today.
Tomorrow is a NFL tripleheader: Tamps Bay v Detroit; Miami v Raiders; San Francisco v Cardinals.

Yesterday, the New Mexico Bowl featured Hawaii v U of Houston. Blowout Hawaii, and a great TD scramble.

Get with the program Trench. :D We're just getting started over here.

Last edited:

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Chicago Bears seem to have it together now, and Mitch is playing exceptionally well.

Packers next. A week's practice before what ostensibly is a winnable.
Bears are now over .500. A wild card team. Bears aren't going to the Super Bowl.
I refuse to believe it. It ain't even gonna happen southsideitis has set in.

Man, anything better in the world than good old sweet eggwaffles for good old Mr. Toaster?

Maybe, there just so good, because I don't buy them too often. :)

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Drive to Belgium occasionally, visit one of those very nice cities like Brügge, Gent or any smaller coastal town like De Haan...and go into any non-chain cafe and order fresh made waffles, then try again that toaster stuff...:)

Leaving the old paths at home behind from time to time is a good thing anyway.;)

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Drive to Belgium occasionally, visit one of those very nice cities like Brügge, Gent or any smaller coastal town like De Haan...and go into any non-chain cafe and order fresh made waffles, then try again that toaster stuff...:)

Marburg has good waffles. And maple syrup. :)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Ticked off? Just because our local hospital -- long a dismal joke even by the slimy standards of the American Health Care Industry -- was recently absorbed by a statewide conglomerate that throws you into the reeking maw of a collection agency if you haven't settled the bill in full in 120 days? Ticked off? Me? Nahh. Maybe ready to send them a turnip and a blood bag parcel-postage-due and a note that says "Good Luck," but certainly not ticked off.

Man, anything better in the world than good old sweet eggwaffles for good old Mr. Toaster?

Maybe, there just so good, because I don't buy them too often. :)

I bought a Krups electric waffle iron in a thrift store several years ago. I soon learned why its previous owner donated the thing to the charity: it can be a pain in the rump to clean, seeing how if too much batter is put in it the batter gets all over the parts that can’t be immersed, every nook and cranny.

Put once a person learns not to overfill it, it’s really quite the device.

I bought a Krups electric waffle iron in a thrift store several years ago. I soon learned why its previous owner donated the thing to the charity: it can be a pain in the rump to clean, seeing how if too much batter is put in it the batter gets all over the parts that can’t be immersed, every nook and cranny.

Put once a person learns not to overfill it, it’s really quite the device.

See, that's why waffle iron is superflous. Mr. Toaster still does the job. But it's the only use for my toaster. The rest of the time, it's great shelf place. :D

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Chicago Cubs trade Yu Darvish to the San Diego Padres-Caratini rides along the deal.
Zach Davies tendered with four teenagers. Davies enters the rotation behind Hendricks,
but losing Darvish sends a clear signal that Chicago forfeits defense of the National League Central.

Behind all the smoke, the Ricketts family ownership needs to cover real estate debt,
which should have been properly secured instead of gutting team payroll.

Under Theo Epstein the Cubs failed to develop pitching within the organization; bringing outside guns in,
a supposed temporary expedient to settle immediate issues. Jake Hoyer's cut-and-burn style now shown
flips the bird at the fan base whom may not countenance Cubs horseshit management any longer.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
If last season proved anything to club ownership it showed fandom the lifeblood
of professional baseball. The fans pay the turnstile, concession, vendor, pick up the bar
and restaurant tab, cable. The fans get gouged. The fans pay the freight.

And the shit has hit the fan. At least in Chicago.

The Chicago Cubs management/ownership have handicapped the team rotation,
and problems at the plate persist; too much front office inside dugout blues playing.:mad:
Please pardon my rant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore