Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

//SOLD//40s/50s 2-PIECE SUIT FOR SALE//SOLD//

Well, chaps: Just in time for delivery before christmas! I have a very fine suit here which probably dates to the early 1950s (could possibly be late 40s). Made by Haveson's of Trenton, NJ - see label on inside pocket below. The suit is made of a taupe-ish, grey-ish with light blue pinstripes fabric and is very heavyweight. The jacket is partially lined in satin (probably rayon, but maybe silk - i haven't burn tested).

I'm not sure of the exact size, but this suit is way too big for me (see measurements), so i'm passing along my good fortune to you chaps. The most reliable estimate of the colour (at least on my monitor) is the close-up of the jacket button, and the close-up of the back trousers waistband. CONDITION IS EXCELLENT, JUST ONE SUSPENDER BUTTON MISSING THE ONLY FLAW I COULD FIND.

Jacket 6 buttons with two to fasten. 2 jetted hip pockets, 1 breast pocket and 2 inner pockets. 4 button cuff.

Measurements:
Chest (pit to pit) ~22
Shoulders ~18
Length (from base of collar down back centre seam) 32.5
Waist 20.5
Arm ~26.5 outseam; ~19 inseam

Trousers 1.75" waistband with dropped belt loops. 1.75" cuffs on the legs, with 20" circumference. Has suspender buttons (one missing). The rear suspender buttons are on the outside of the waistband. 2 side pockets in front. 2 back pockets, 1 of which has button closure. And a watch pocket at front waistband.

Measurements
Waist ~33, with ~1.75 to let out
Inseam ~32.5
Outseam ~45"

Some pics of the jacket (outside - sorry for poor quality). This WILL look better on the right person. My mannequin is about a size 36, and i didn't pin the jacket, so it doesn't look so good as it should

40sSuit1.jpg
40sSuit2.jpg

Inside: skeleton lining.

40sSuit7.jpg

Waist closure with heavy metal Conmar zipper, extended tab interior fastening and a clip at the waistband (i forget the correct name for such a closure).

40sSuit4.jpg

40sSuit5.jpg
40sSuit6.jpg

40sSuit3.jpg

Company label and 1949 union tag. The suit features put it, i think, to the early 50s, just possibly, but unlikely late 40s.

40sSuit8.jpg
40sSuit9.jpg

This suit will prove a good deal for the FLounger who wants it. Check eBay: These are getting good prices right now. $75 and shipping and she's yours.

bk

As always with my sales, i'm prepared to defer payment until such times as the buyer can send the money. That is: if you like it but can't pay until January or so, i'll hold it for you and close the sale. This, however, only applies to absolutely definite buyers. I can't hold things for "maybes".

bk

Chevy43

New in Town
I don't have anyone to help me get my measurement at the moment.

What size are you? - so I can get a ball park idea.

Does 22 inches across mean size 44 on the jacket?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael