Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sorry if this gets asked alot...

onlyoneintown

One of the Regulars
Hi I haven't been here for a long time but I had to come back because I really love this style and time era, anyhow I want to know what to wear with my fedoras, I have like 15 hats on my wall but I rarely use them but if it were up to me I would use them everyday, the problem is I don't have any suits I have a Blazer or two but not vintage...well I was wondering what I can wear besides suits for now because I can not afford them any help with this would be very helpful and if you have pictures it would be the best thanks in advance

Rooster

Practically Family
No matter what I have on I never leave the house with out a fedora on. Suit aren't needed.

Yes, you can wear a fedora with anything. Here's some pics stolen from a post by Flieger. His dad 'n friend circa 1946-49.

Dad_hat01.jpg

Dad_hat02.jpg

bk

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wear what you feel comfortable in. My daily fashion consists of a collared shirt, jeans or chino/dress pants, cowboy boots/dress shoes and a leather jacket. So I never feel odd wearing a fedora. But in this day and age anything goes.
Johnny

onlyoneintown

One of the Regulars
wow really almost anything huh? that makes me feel better thanks for putting pictures up guys I was thinking of buying dockers and I don't know what kinda of shirts...can you guys help me out a little bit?? thanks

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Do this:

Go through these threads. You'll get a lot of ideas. Remember that few of us ever wear the full vintage getup. Fedoras work with motorcycle jackets, WWII flight jackets, sport coats, tropical shirts, safari shirts, any shirt you find on your back.

What are you wearing?

What Hat are you wearing?

The only thing you need to know is that you'll look fine - and don't grab the hat by the pinch. :)

(You need 15 posts to be able to send/receive private messages)

epr25

Practically Family
I guess it might be different there then it is here. But start thrift shopping. You should be able to pick up some cheap stuff that might be pretty cool too.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
The pinch

All depends on HOW you grab it. My 4 year old panama has a nice gaping tear in the pinch from grabbing it that way. If only I'd found the Lounge 3 years ago! But gently picking it up shouldn't hurt it. I've now trained myself to pick mine up by the front brim.

K

kpreed

Wearing Your fadora

I wear my fadora whenever I go out of the house. 5% is when I am dressed-up, but 95% of the time I am in my bib overalls or a sweatshirt and blue jeans. I totally think that if you can feel good in what you are wearing, a fedora can only make it better, just know your hat etiquette please.
I understand dirt or oil on your hands can be real bad for the pinch on a hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic