Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sources for narrow widths

Enoch

New in Town
I drool over many of the shoes and boots posted here but my problem is that I wear a narrow (B) width and can't find much in my size. I can't justify buying a pair of shoes unless they fit properly.

When it comes to B width about the only things I can find are extremely dressy, athletic, work shoes or mildly casual. Anything trendy, e.g., is out of the question as D is usually catered to and occasionally the E's.

A few sources I've bought from are Shoemall, Zappos and Justin brand cowboy boots which all offer a narrow. I see that Alden offers some of their styles in narrow widths. I'm wondering of any other sources that Loungers might know of that have the same "problem" as me.

XPLSV

One of the Regulars
I wear a 13B and it just isn't worth my money to buy something that doesn't fit well...so I don't. Over the years, I've owned the various brands in B widths:

Athletic Shoes: New Balance, Brooks. Not all style--same with other companies.

Western Boots: Lucchese, Tony Llama, Larry Mahan, Justine, Nocona, several others.

Other Boots: Irish Setter, Vasque, Belleville, Corcoran, Matterhorn.

Dress Shoes: Allen Edmond, Florsheim, Bostonian, Ferragamo, Bates.

Varies from place to place. Allen Edmond has most of their shoes available in narrow widths...Irish Setter only a select few styles. If you try to find a Lucchese 13B online or in a store, you may not see it...but they make every style of their Classics series in widths and a knowledgable salesman will know that and can order it for you.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alden and Allen Edmonds are the best sources for good quality narrow width shoes. Do regular searches on ebay. You'll find vintage shoes in narrow widths, too.

XPLSV

One of the Regulars
I picked up a nice pair of Allen Edmonds wingtips here at the Fedora Lounge on the classifieds--great condition, great price. After I wore out the soles, I sent them back to Allen Edmonds for a recrafting, as I have done with many of my previous pairs of Allen Edmonds (I think they are great quality shoes), I got a call from Allen Edmonds telling me my shoes were damaged in the recrafting process and since the style wasn't offered anymore, I could pick out any style for replacement (aside from the cordovan shell, which run a couple hundred more than what was ruined). Between my Father and I, we've had a couple dozen recrafts and have never heard of this happening...but, I think they handled the problem exceptionally well. I still paid the $90 recraft fee, but had a complete brand new shoe out of it. Another thumbs up to Allen Edmonds. If you haven't had their recrafting experience, they do an excellent job.

I've had an older pair of Bostionians recrafted, too and was happy with that company's work...although the quality has slipped on Bostonian in the last fifteen years. I've had resoling work done by private businesses and have had mixed results (during my military career, it was never possible to keep the same establishments on the hook, be it resoling or a haircut!)

Bernie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace