Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spring/summer make up

NoraLoy

New in Town
does anyone change their makeup color palette in the spring and summer or do you wear the same color palette all year long?
Did women in the 1940's and 1950's change their makeup?
Thanks;)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I frequently wear the same color palette, although I tend to wear pink lipstick more often in summer than in winter. I do also tend to pull out colored eyeshadows (like light green or light pink, turquoise eyeliner, etc) much more than I do in the winter, when I tend to wear more muted shades. Those are rarities though - most of the time, I wear the same stuff, with the exception of my foundation. I tend to wear mineral makeup more in the summer, and foundation more in the winter.

olive bleu

One Too Many
In the winter i wear ivory foundation and in the summer a darker powder once i have a bit of a tan. I can't wear foundation in the summer as i break out, and powder is too dry for me in the winter( AAKK!!)

I do wear lighter lipstick colors in the summer once i am tanned a bit, in the winter i would look like a ghost .

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I don't really change anything about my makeup routine, except maybe I'll wear coral or pink lipstick occasionally. I usually wear quite subtle makeup (except for my lipstick!), so it works well for all seasons and occasions.

Plus, there's really only one season in Los Angeles anyway!

scarlett

One of the Regulars
My makeup changes with my mood and planned activities not the time of year. This way I have an excuse to shop for makeup all the time to keep my selections fresh and plentiful. ;)

And I hate being told by the "fashion police" what makeup palette I should wear, it's usually just what I need to do the exact opposite. Red lipstick and big eyelashes are most certainly "everyday" makeup. Don't you agree?

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
I dont really change anything about mine. I wear a lighter foundation sometimes i just change to powder. My friend works for MAC so i get her discount which is nice!!

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
I tend to usually lighten up on the lipstick during spring/summer. Because the lipstick is lighter I sometimes wear my eyeliner a tad thicker to compensate.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I don't tend to change my colors too much, though I am more likely to be seen sporting browner/coppery lipsticks and eye makeup in the fall, and pinks in the spring. The main seasonal change I make is my powder and foundation. I prefer a lighter weight foundation and more of a translucent powder in the summer than I wear in the winter.

Naama

Practically Family
olive bleu said:
In the winter i wear ivory foundation and in the summer a darker powder once i have a bit of a tan. I can't wear foundation in the summer as i break out, and powder is too dry for me in the winter( AAKK!!)

Oh! Don't worry! I tell you, having VERY dry skin all the time isn't that much better....

I don't change anything really, only thing, if it's really hot, I don't use that much eye make up because sweat and heavy dark eyes don't mix that well :/

Naama

dani

Familiar Face
mine is pretty much the same all year, if i get any sun in the summer though i have to get darker foundation. i don't wear a lot of lipstick, b/c i don't know what colors look good on me, so i tend to skick with lip gloss. eyeshadows are always black, or purples. my eyes are hazel but i always wanted green one, so the purple makes them look green.

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I tend to wear a less heavy shade on my eyes but other than that I don't think I really change anything. A lot of people like the natural look for spring/summer but to be honest I think that the 'natural' look is more difficult to pull off than my regular look, I definitely use a lot more base when I try to get my skin looking flawless.

xx

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
I have pale skin all year round, so I never change my foundation color. I wish that I could tan, but I have two settings- Ivory and Burnt. My mom always blamed the Irish in me...
However, I just got home from shopping, and I purchased my first Pink eyeshadow of the year; it always makes me feel like Spring has sprung! Especially since we've had the first few nice days of the year up here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou