Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stars Line Up For Vanity Fair Film Noir PhotoShoot -Merged thread

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
I will have to run out and get this! I saw an entertainment program discussing the upcoming issue of Vanity Fair that is to be out by the end of this week. The photos look amazing and so does the wardrobe & hair...makeup! It's fantastic ~ The article is below....

You can view slide show at http://www.vanityfair.com/

ARTICLE FROM CONTACTMUSIC.COM

ROBERT DE NIRO, PENELOPE CRUZ, JACK NICHOLSON, ROBERT DOWNEY JR and BEN AFFLECK are among the stars teaming up for a new Vanity Fair vintage Hollywood movie-cum-magazine photo spread. Oscar nominee FOREST WHITAKER plays beaten boxer Downey Jr's ringside agent in one shot, while EDWARD NORTON and another nominee, KATE WINSLET, also pose together in short film noir, KILLERS KILL, DEAD MEN DIE, captured by celebrity snapper ANNIE LIEBOWITZ. The star-studded film features 39 big names in total and can be seen at VanityFair.com. Vanity Fair features editor JANE SARKIN admits the highlight of the film features Oscar nominees Winslet and DAME HELEN MIRREN on a fire escape. She says, "It's not every day that you get Helen Mirren and Kate Winslet to hang out of a fire escape 10 stories up in a Manhattan hotel."

FULL CAST IN PHOTOSHOOT:
The cast: Amy Adams, Ben Affleck, Jessica Alba, Pedro Almod??var, Alec Baldwin, Adam Beach, Jessica Biel, Abigail Breslin, Jennifer Connelly, Pen?©lope Cruz, Judi Dench, Robert De Niro, Robert Downey Jr., Kirsten Dunst, Aaron Eckhart, James Franco, Djimon Hounsou, Jennifer Hudson, Anjelica Huston, Rinko Kikuchi, Diane Lane, Derek Luke, Tobey Maguire, James McAvoy, Helen Mirren, Julianne Moore, Jack Nicholson, Bill Nighy, Ed Norton, Peter O'Toole, Sylvester Stallone, Sharon Stone, Kerry Washington, Naomi Watts, Forest Whitaker, Bruce Willis, Patrick Wilson, Kate Winslet, Evan Rachel Wood.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
I read about this too. I will definitely pick up a copy!

cusl29_behindthescenes0702.jpg

moved from other thread

vonwotan

Practically Family
Vanity Fair March 2007 - Film Noir shoot

Did anyone see the March 2007 issue of Vanity Fair? I was browsing in the barber shop today while waiting and found a photo shoot that is a tribute to 1940s film noir. What do others think? I quite liked some of the hats, clothing and photographs. Easy enough to pick at some of the details, but all in all the right atmoshphere.

vonwotan

Practically Family
Thank you. I wonder if the silence after those first few posts means that others were not terribly impressed. I rather liked the shoot.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
I think that the silence was due to the issue not yet arriving on shelves. I haven't been to the bookstore lately to take a look, although I did check out their website. There are some good pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner