Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steel Grey Borsalino

metropd

One Too Many
Does anyone have a good picture that accurately shows the color of a steel Grey Borsalino hopefully in natural light? The steel grey Winchester makes is too dark for what I want so It looks from Bencraft that it is a bit lighter.(at least on my monitor)

Is the medium Grey that Del Monico hatters uses for the "Como" the same as the Steel Grey from Bencraft? One can not really make an accurate guess from looking at a computer screen so hopefully someone can help me out.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The official color for Steel Gray is called Sebina in Italian. it is color 52. Most stores use the same color. We do carry other grays as well. The best option that I tell a customer is either come to the store ( a benefit to deaing with brick and mortar stores) or order the hat . If it works-great. If not just send it back.
A side problem to comparing colors is that when you photograph hats , they never come out the same every time. This is due to the lighting . Every time we order this color , it will always come out different as well.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
May I chime in ???

Could you possibly tell me what color is 1311 ???

It is a grey or gray but would that be a medium or light??

I have no brick and mortar stores within 3 hours from me.... :eusa_doh: :(

mineral

One of the Regulars
Perhaps I am really out of touch, but is there a hat color chart that you all are referring to? If there is one, would you be so kind as to share?

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The Borsalino color chart is a sight to behold. There are many different shades if grays, browns and tans. If people realized how many were available they would go crazy. I dont think many smaller stores know what the company can make otherwise it would get out of hand. Its not like Stetson that offers a certain style in 5 colors. borsalino can make any hat in 50 colors .

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

High Pockets

Practically Family
I have a Borsalino from what appears to be the late 1950's that has a paper tag inside that says Stibina,.....I don't know if this is the color or the stye.

For what it's worth:

a29cf524.jpg

d05dae07.jpg

81c8cede.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
besdor said:
The Borsalino color chart is a sight to behold.

Is the Borsalino color chart online anywhere? If so, where? I've been looking around but haven't been able to find it. :)

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
High Pockets said:
I have a Borsalino from what appears to be the late 1950's that has a paper tag inside that says Stibina,.....I don't know if this is the color or the stye.

For what it's worth:

a29cf524.jpg

d05dae07.jpg

81c8cede.jpg
I believe I read in one of the posts here that it is the name of the color.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner