Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson 15

Wayfarer

New in Town
Picked up a Stetson 15 in a taupe/tan color OFAS. Didnt notice the ribbon treatment till it came.

I am assuming a previous owner replaced the ribbon or added the button. Also has a wind cord. Its needs a good steaming and some bash work. Also a slight stretch.

stetson15a.jpg

stetson15ea.jpg

stetson15c.jpg

stetson15b.jpg

After I do the stretching I will post a "on the head" photo.

Any ideas on a date for this hat?

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very very nice!! That pin is original to the hat. Damn,I wish I had seen that:eusa_doh: I have the same hat in light gray.
DSCN2982.jpg

DSCN2970.jpg

It is a fine hat and one of my favorite weights for dress hats. Congrats you have done well
sorry for the redundant pics.

Wayfarer said:
Do you have any idea when these were made?

I'm guessing early to mid 1950s. I happen to have a quite similar hat in a medium brown. The "Stetson Fifteen" lettering and the other embossing on the sweatband is identical, as is the liner. Its dimensions appear to be the same (2 7/8 inch brim, right?) and it, too, has a Mode Edge. But mine has a pleated bow, so it appears that Stetson may have used the same body stock for slightly different models. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on this subject (jamespowers, where are you?) could confirm or debunk.
Yours looks like a great find. I love that color and it appears to be in very nice condition. Do you mind disclosing how much it cost you?

D

DBFedora

Sweet lids!

Awesome hats, guys. The rooster is really cool.. Why am I NOT surprised that Douglas has one of these as well. They look great! Enjoy it, Wayferer.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Wayferer,They are nice and we are lucky to have them. I haven't seen many around. I have another in moss green but it does not have the pin.
DSCN0935.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy