Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson ElPatron 30X, size 7 3/8

azhiker

One of the Regulars
Hi, this very fine black western style hat deserves a chance to survive as is, before I rebash, trim brim and convert to a Fedora. I used to be big into Western hats, and bought this for a formal affair. I wore it ONE time. It is immaculate! There is one thing that needs to be revealed. I bought this at the Stetson factory outlet in St. Joe MO, and when I did, they had no 'seconds' on the shelf to fit me, so the clerk went into the back, and got this hat off the line. She then punched a small 1/8 hole in the band, so it could not be returned for full price. I still paid $325 for this 'second', so you can see, it is a very fine hat. Original Stetson band, lining super clean, etc. I am thinking around $200 for this very fine 30X felt cowboy hat.

66276-s-0.jpg

66170-s-0.jpg

66169-s-0.jpg

ideaguy

One Too Many
stetson

I like it. I'd like it better if it were rebashed, trimmed, and converted into a
"Western Fedora". ( had a regrettable incident with a fellow on eBay who
thought that I was stealing his "Western Fedora" name/description, when I was
simply using the only words that described the hat (s) I was selling at the time-
if you happen to know him-let him know not the case at all, as a matter of fact I admire his hard work-and good-looking hats!).
So- sorry about the commercial interruption- what would you charge for the hat in a converted state? Please reply?
thanks
M

azhiker

One of the Regulars
I dont do conversersions, I have some one else do them. About $65 or so to convert, I think. To answer a couple questions, yes I would consider a trade. I am looking for something like an Akubra Stylemaster (is that right) or maybe a Stetson felt Fedora. An AF would also be swell, but I figure someone will have to be on crack to want to trade one of those! :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24