Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Imperial Bantam Mode Edge

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Does anyone have records on the Stetson, Mode Edge, xxx Beaver Imperial Bantam? Just picked one up, today, and would be intersted in getting some aditional information on that particular design.

It is a very light felt of quite outsatanding quality. Pics will follow, the next days.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I was thinking the same thing...

Douglas -- you have a 3X Bantam, if I remember correctly. Does it have a Mode Edge?

Cheers,
JtL

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I'm curious Driespitz, are most of your vintage hats from Germany ? I wasnt aware of the vintage hat market in Europe. Finding a Stetson Bantam is a great find as the hat must be from the 1930-s.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Here it is!

Voilá! Stetson Imperial Bantam XXX Beaver Mode Edge and wind trolley!

Fetched it on Ebay and picked it up from the custom´s, yesterday. I was very pleased, when I opened the box. The seller did not post a picture of the "Imperial Bantam" print on the sweatband. It went for 91 USD. Hm, there was a similar, however lighter gray Mode Edge Stetson 7 3/8 auctioned shortly earlier, that went asrtonomically high. I was wondering, why this one had been comparatively neglected?

One of my best hats, I must say! Note the unusually thin and sharp Mode Edge! Not to forget the felt!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Beautiful! Too bad Dreispitz's hat is missing the embroidered rooster button from the ribbon. (See 1950s ad below.)

103-40.jpg

Apparently, the term "bantam" is also used for some Italian Cervo hats. It indicates that the hat was very light in weight.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
besdor said:
I'm curious Driespitz, are most of your vintage hats from Germany ? I wasnt aware of the vintage hat market in Europe. Finding a Stetson Bantam is a great find as the hat must be from the 1930-s.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Hi Steven,

I buy internationally. Good vintage hats are very hard to come about in Germany. People do not bother to put them up for auction and the condition is often not so good. Hats, save and properly stored in boxes, are very scarce in Germany. Most hats were bought without boxes after the war and in the last decades hats were neglected, anyway.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Dreispitz, thats one gorgeous hat! How would you describe the color? Looks like a dark bluish grey on my monitor.

B

hat

that is a TERRIBLE hat and I would be ashamed to wear it on my head! and just out of the kindness of my heart, I'd be more than happy to help rid you of that atrocious aborition of a hat, I'll just pm you my address and you can send it...

yea, that wasn't really convincing at all, great lid, wear it with joy!

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
I was thinking the same thing...

Douglas -- you have a 3X Bantam, if I remember correctly. Does it have a Mode Edge?

Cheers,
JtL

I unfortunately do not think I have a Bantam JtL. I do have a 3X that has a mode edge with the embroidered pin. There is nothing on the hat that indicates that it is a Bantam so I am assumming it is not. I do so ever want one.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
DOUGLAS said:
I unfortunately do not think I have a Bantam JtL. I do have a 3X that has a mode edge with the embroidered pin. There is nothing on the hat that indicates that it is a Bantam so I am assumming it is not. I do so ever want one.

Embroidered rooster pin?

103-40.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would not consider mine a light weight hat. It is not a heavy felt but to be honest I would rather have one that is from the Thirties.

I have a mode edge Fifteen without the pin that is thinner and lighter than the one above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou