Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson "Nostalgia"? (now with pics)

citRon

A-List Customer
J.T.Marcus said:
I visited the HATCO outlet, this week. I came home with two Temples and one Gaylord. I'm a 7 1/8 long oval. Every one of those hats was marked 7 1/8 R, yet every one of them fit my "long oval" perfectly. The reason? There is virtually no stiffener in those hats! That's always been my experience. If I buy a "soft" dress hat, all I have to worry about is the size. The hat will shape itself to fit the contour of my head.

Regarding the quality of modern Stetsons, I have several. I can't think of any problems. What problems have you had with your modern Stetsons?

If I may, what did those Temples sell for?

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
citRon said:
If I may, what did those Temples sell for?

You may. They were tagged at $59.99, which is just under half price. The outlet is presently having a sale: buy two or more, take 30% off. That brings the price down to $42 each (plus sales tax, plus the gasoline to get there).
All things considered, it's a pretty good deal.

The outlet doesn't have a web site. You can place a telephone order, but it will cost you the price on the tag (plus shipping, I believe).

(972) 494-0337

Aaron Hats

Vendor
As besdor stated this version of the Nostalgia is new for 2008. It's a Sovereign Quality felt so it's like the Temple or Chatham only a little less stiff so you can shape it yourself. It will be made in Caribou, Black and Mink but we only plan to stock the Caribou for now. We don't do nearly the fedora business besdor does as we're more a family oriented hat shop.

I measured the crown height when I saw the sample but can't remember for the life of me what it was. It was only a couple weeks ago too...how's that for a sharp memory.

J.T.Marcus said:
Regarding the quality of modern Stetsons, I have several. I can't think of any problems. What problems have you had with your modern Stetsons?

That's always nice to hear since they get trashed so often here.

Get a hat on,

Aaron

citRon

A-List Customer
J.T.Marcus said:
You may. They were tagged at $59.99, which is just under half price. The outlet is presently having a sale: buy two or more, take 30% off. That brings the price down to $42 each (plus sales tax, plus the gasoline to get there).
All things considered, it's a pretty good deal.

The outlet doesn't have a web site. You can place a telephone order, but it will cost you the price on the tag (plus shipping, I believe).

(972) 494-0337
Do you happen to remember if they had any of the Temples in the 'Sage' color?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Aaron Hats said:
We don't do nearly the fedora business besdor does as we're more a family oriented hat shop.
I wasn't aware fedoras had become risqué...;)

no, seriously tho...it may be that your customer base is simply non-urban. We have so many hat wearers from so many places on the Lounge that it's easy to forget how exceptional it is, and that for many years it retreated to urban enclaves and cultures which never stopped wearing the hat.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Alright, I'm confused now! The production version with the 2 1/2 inch brim I'm aware of, but now it sounds like there may or may not be a version available with a 2 5/8 inch brim. I feel like I've missed a post somewhere along the way...

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The hat can be ordered any way a store wants to provided that they buy enough of a style. Typically, it would have to be 24 of a color to start but this can vary from style to style.
If enough loungers are interested and it seems many are, we can get the ball rolling for the new hat.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
besdor said:
The hat can be ordered any way a store wants to provided that they buy enough of a style. Typically, it would have to be 24 of a color to start but this can vary from style to style.
If enough loungers are interested and it seems many are, we can get the ball rolling for the new hat.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

I'm definitely interested Steven. Please keep us updated!

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I would also like to pay a nostalgic price. I have found receipts in our store dated from the 1950's. The average price for a hat back then was 10.95 !!-and that was for a good hat.
I dont think we had a hat then for more than 20.00.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Barney

New in Town
Stetson Quality

In spite of the lack of esteem generally held for Stetsons in the Fedora Lounge, I agree whole heartedly with Mr. Marcus. I have owned several Stetsons, and even with a certain amount of carelessness over the years, each of them has held up extremely well, and have proven to be both rugged and durable. My only complaint is the selection Stetson offers. I would like to see them offer more than one 100% Beaver felt hat (Pinnacle).

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi Y'all,

Put me on the list of ready to order one with the 2 5/8" brim. In fact, you could put me down for one each in Brown, Tan and Grey, sixe 7 1/8. ;)

Have we made it up to 24 of any color yet??

Later!

Stan

metropd

One Too Many
Stan said:
Hi Y'all,

Put me on the list of ready to order one with the 2 5/8" brim. In fact, you could put me down for one each in Brown, Tan and Grey, sixe 7 1/8. ;)

Have we made it up to 24 of any color yet??

Later!

Stan

I think 2 5/8 seems to be a real winner!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace