Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Western hat crown height

Briscott

New in Town
Hello,

I am looking for a Stetson Cowboy hat, but I have difficulties with the crown height. Stetson offers e.g. the "Diamante" with a crown height of 4 5/8" or 5". My question: are these measurements the overall height or just the height up to the dents (head height)?

I am sorry bothering you with this, but I can't go to a hat store and ask, because I live in Germany and there are no Stetson retailers. I want to order one from the US.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Regards
Briscott

Might be a good idea to email the retailer and ask if the crown height is measured open or as creased. It is very easy to adjust the apparent height of the crown with the crease. For some bashes, the taller the crown, the easier it is to make it shorter.

5x6.jpg

job

One Too Many
Are you talking about the $3000 to $5000 Diamante. I think I would go with Buckaroo hatters and spend a few hundred dollars for a 100% beaver western weight custom made for you then gamble with that much money. Check out Buckaroos website and thread on the lounge first.

I'm with John on this one. If I was dropping that amount of coin on a western hat, I'd be going custom & getting an exact fit. Regular oval from Stetson won't fit like a custom, JMHO.

BTW, that is a pressed in factory crease that you won't be modifying easily at all....or should want to for that level of a lid....

Briscott

New in Town
Thank you very much for your help! I am just looking for this design ("Cattleman", if I got that right), not especially for the Diamante. I don't think I can spend 3000,-USD on a hat :p . But I will look for a custom hatter, so thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot