Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve S M-422a Build Thread

Marv

A-List Customer
wow excellent jacket Deac, superb in every way and I'll bet the Eastman G1 will be taking furlough in the closet for a while :)

Deacon211

One Too Many
Thanks for all the replies, gentlemen.

I am indeed pretty excited by the jacket. The leather is really spot on what I would imagine period leather to be (having concluded that I am no expert on the subject).

I sometimes find modern repros too finely made with either too much individual character or too slightly built. I never had a piece of military equipment that wasn't pretty utilitarian, and the few period jackets I've seen seem to reflect that.

Steve's interpretation of the 422a seems to really capture that feeling of "well made utilitarianism" like a finely made cavalry sabre rather than a lovely but delicate dress sword.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdeeC

Practically Family
I own a couple of original early navy jackets but never warmed to the repros on offer much. However this is one is superb with beautiful hide and mouton and the fit looks so easy and natural.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Best range of motion I have ever seen on any jacket on this board! I am no big fan of the G1 back sadly, but after seeing this, I have no Option but to contact Steve S. and ask whether he does other styles, too.

Deacon211

One Too Many
Best range of motion I have ever seen on any jacket on this board! I am no big fan of the G1 back sadly, but after seeing this, I have no Option but to contact Steve S. and ask whether he does other styles, too.

I believe Steve is adding A-2s to his collection and has some new leather in.

Most definitely worth an email!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Congrats Deacon. You're always bringing interesting naval jacket knowledge to this forum. You deserve this one! Beautiful (especially the pockets).

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
I've just received a repro from Steve. It's everything I hoped for. I'll post some photos over the weekend.

Cheers Steve fantastic customer service as well. Steve sends photos and talks you through the construction process. Really feels like a collaborative effort. Can't praise him highly enough.

Deacon211

One Too Many
Thought I'd update the thread to show how Steve's jacket is breaking in. It's settling in very nicely, starting to crease and polish on the edges as these jackets tend to.

I think this one is going to look spectacular as it ages a bit!

a7459f96cece86f3bb4bdd6f781b1909.jpg

86159202e04cb3afb60a81c154cabc37.jpg

b8d6df27b0fc9eeb12c97a30211dc885.jpg

a6467ca30c8e58b1878d55242aaff338.jpg

98a433f02592cb9dabc68036a25d9fbb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brettafett

One Too Many
Fantastic! That is a beautiful jacket and a perfect fit. Can you pls pm me his contact details...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo