Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stingy Experts?

David Bresch

Familiar Face
I am interested in getting a 2" brimmed hat similar to the Stetson Saxon. Is there an expert on this board on stingies (like Matt Deckard is on fedoras) who can direct me to pictures of various styles. Note that I am neither a hipster nor vintage lover. The hat will be for stylish warmth in fall and winter, and loden color.

I contemplate ordering one from Optimo, Art Fawcett (who has just made me a very nice fedora with a 2.5" brim), or Cappelleria Melegari, a shop little discussed here but extremely well thought of by cognicenti in Italy.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
A 2" brim is a classic style fedora that is very popular today. Buying a custom made one from Art is a great idea . This way , you get a stylish hat from one of the best custom hatmakers today.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com
:eek:

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
I wear almost ALL stingy brims, brim up. The widest in regular rotation is 2 inches - the smallest is 1 1/2. I just picked up a GREAT hat - a Beaver Brand Classic: cocoa brown fur felt, 1 3/4 brim, 5 inch high crown, center dent with narely a taper. It's a fantastic lid and I got it for under a hundred bucks here in L.A. at Hollywood Hatters!

This place - http://www.hats-plus.com/default.aspx has a good selection of stingys. I got my Bailey (which I'm not usually too fond of) pork pie from here. Good hat.

Also, check with Besdor and see if he has any new/old stock Borso's. I picked up a beauty from his shop in Williamsburg last December.

As for a straw, I love this - http://www.sids-clothing.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=TS7920

I have two, one natural and one in grey. I had some custom bands done and they look pretty sharp!

You might catch some crap around here for being a stingy fan, but so what! Where what you like and where it in good health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters