Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Straw Hat Day

Joe Rotax

Familiar Face
I don't really pay much attention to dates for things - the ark sailed w/out me. I wear western felts in the winter and summer but I do have a Stetson Grant in straw which I wear when it gets well into the 90s. Also have an Open Road straw but never worn it because the brim is too narrow. Someone said straw hats are for farmers but mostly I just find they aren't as durable day to day as felt so that kinda decides the matter right there.

Last edited:

fashion frank

One Too Many
Thats a very interesting viewpoint JoeRotax ,and I know what you are stating .

If it warmed up around here earlier in the year I would be switching eariler as well.

A couple of post's back I had put up some links and in surfing the web I found in one of the articles stated how it was mostly a southeren thing ,but also how it was an unofficial day in this country .

It's very interesting to see how things have changed .
Thanks for taking an interest in this subject.

All the Best, Fashion Frank

Ready.

strawhatday.jpg

dnjan

One Too Many
You know, there are some places that don't get that many straw-hat-quality days in a year ...

Nice collection!

Thanks! My wife moved her costume library and gave me an extra set of shelves so I could get a little air between my hats. It was fun to visit with the straws again.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
As the old saying goes ...

"To a man with a new Parabuntal, every day looks like a Straw Hat Day"

Parabuntal_2.jpg

A late sunny afternoon in the early Copenhagen spring. Good enough excuse to wear my new Parabuntal, made by Mike Moore, Buckaroo Hatters

fashion frank

One Too Many
Straw Hat Day ?

I was waiting till today to see if anyone remembered that the 15th was Straw Hat Day.
I guess it is now just one for the books of a by gone era :violin:

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Haha, you're right Frank - forgot all about it! :D

Since my post above it's been felt-weather in here CPH, but today we went North of 65 with a lot of sun. Imagine the picture above - just with another shirt (and no cravat).

Rusty : Sorry, never saw your post. Thanks a lot, but it leaves us with one problem: We're in love with the same blonde beauty ;)

fashion frank

One Too Many
Haha, you're right Frank - forgot all about it! :D

Since my post above it's been felt-weather in here CPH, but today we went North of 65 with a lot of sun. Imagine the picture above - just with another shirt (and no cravat).

Rusty : Sorry, never saw your post. Thanks a lot, but it leaves us with one problem: We're in love with the same blonde beauty ;)

I guess your not the only one Dane LOL and I have to agree with Rusty that is one sharp looking brim ,the color is awesome .
Lets see who else remembers straw hat day :eusa_clap

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Frank. Mike had three, when I was there. I bought one, and I "advertised" the two remaining here on TFL. I know, one was sold, and I guess the last one is long gone too. Darn! Now I so regret, I didn't buy two of them :eusa_doh: :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24