Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Strollers

cufflinkmaniac

A-List Customer
After discoverng that I can have a suit made within my budget,I have decided that I'm having it made in charcoal gray so that I can get a pair of OTR morning trousers and wear it as a stroller when the mood strikes me. I know where to get striped morning trousers, but if anyone can offer advice as to where to find budget friendly (under $100.00) houndstooth trousers suitable for wear with a stroller,I'd appreciate it. And as for the waistcoat, I'm on the fence between dove gray and matching charcoal wool. Which would be the better choice? I will eventually get buff linen, and maybe even lavender, but for now, I'm going to stick to basics. I will also probably wear my blue/white striped contrast collar shirt for now, but I'll get a stiff collar and tunic shirt eventually.

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
I would say get the matching charcoal grey waistcoat - dove grey is fairly easy to find ready made (Pakeman Catto and Carter, for example) whereas this is really your one chance to get a matching waistcoat made. I can't immediately think of a good source for houndstooth trousers in your budget, as they are something of a "niche" item - perhaps they may come down to that in the Pakeman Catto & Carter, Ede & Ravenscroft or Hackett January sales? I was fortunate enough to find mine in a charity shop on Brompton Road; I saw a pair in Hackett on the same expedition but they were somewhat outside either of our price ranges!

cufflinkmaniac

A-List Customer
Anthony Jordan said:
I would say get the matching charcoal grey waistcoat - dove grey is fairly easy to find ready made (Pakeman Catto and Carter, for example) whereas this is really your one chance to get a matching waistcoat made. I can't immediately think of a good source for houndstooth trousers in your budget, as they are something of a "niche" item - perhaps they may come down to that in the Pakeman Catto & Carter, Ede & Ravenscroft or Hackett January sales? I was fortunate enough to find mine in a charity shop on Brompton Road; I saw a pair in Hackett on the same expedition but they were somewhat outside either of our price ranges!

I suppose you're right. This will be quite the versatile garment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic