Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suit alterations

Jovan

Suspended
I still think it'll look a bit funny and not worth the money in all honesty. On top of that, it's a bit of a shame to significantly alter a vintage piece's character.

Really, if a suit doesn't fit in the shoulders... don't get it. It's that simple. That's the part that is most essential to the fit of it, and as has been said, cutting it up won't make it look right. It's also an expensive affair. We've been trying to give you advice (some alterationists will tell you ANYTHING can be done, keep that in mind) and you're just ignoring it outright. We speak from experience with such things and from the advice of professionals in the industry.

It's not too late! Save that suit from them and get your money back, and find something that fits. Just my two cents.

Graeme

New in Town
It does fit in the shoulders, should fit perfectly :)

I appreciate all the advice you've given me, if it didnt fit in the shoulders/chest i wouldnt have bought it. I probably would have done before you guys set me straight!

All im going to alter is sleeve lenght/leg length and MAYBE the lapels, ill see how it looks when its on.

Ive not been ignoring your advice, as i said, your advice has stopped me blindly buying something that may not have fitted.

After measuring myself properly, and having the tailor measure me, it turns out it will fit great just a little long in the sleeve.

Graeme

New in Town
Really? What about the one in the pic!?

A good friend of mine has lots of lovely 40's ties, i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

Graeme

New in Town
or this one
mt147.jpg

or this one
ms7f.jpg

not your thing?

Graeme

New in Town
Well, it arrived today :)

Ill get some pics up later, wearing it now and its very comfortable.

Fits pretty well, as i thought, maybe slightly too long in the leg and arm.

Needs pressing but its beautifully made and in fantastic condition.

My firts suit ! :) :)

Im a happy man, feel like a kid with his first bike or somethinglol

Even the peaks are growing on me (i can hear the sighs of relief from here)

Anyway, as i say, pics later when someone is around to take the photo's.

Any particular details you'd all like pics of?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24