Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit and Fedora color combo help?

The King of Cool

New in Town
Hey guys. I'm new in the boards and wanted to get some input from the experts. I having a hard time trying to come up with what color fedora would look good with the color of suit I am in the process of having tailored. The suit is a dark grey 3 piece. Almost can be called charcoled. The shoes that I have for it are black and white wing tips. If this helps. I am trying to shoot for a 40-50's look. Looking forward to hearing back from you Gus :)

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
For a charcoal suit with black (or b/w) shoes, a medium grey Fedora with black ribbon would be best.
Goes well with any blue, grey or black suit and are relatively easy to find (vintage or new).

The King of Cool

New in Town
I keep trying to upload a pic of the suits fabrics, but it keeps telling me that my pic file is "Undefined" does any one know what I am doing wrong? The file is a .jpg file :(

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
For photographs you need 15 posts to use the on-site uploader (I believe). Your best bet is to upload the image to another photo site, such as photobucket, imageshack.us, etc. Then post the IMG url.

The King of Cool

New in Town
OK - Here is a pic of the fabrics of the 3 Piece Suit (grey) and the shirt (striped). Thoughts ?

fabrics.jpg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Any hat (except earthy tones) would work. Just make sure it has a black ribbon.

Something like these:

02011.jpg

02110.jpg

02210.jpg

I would say grey, as it is a very versatile color, and can go with nearly anything (casual and dressy).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace