Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sun Faded Love

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was reading another forum and was surprised at how much they talked about sun fading. I didnt think any of my hats had faded at all. Then again I don't think I have ever looked behind a robbon. Then I had a look :eek: oh my. This has got to be a great sign of a well loved and worn hat. Here are a few pictures of my "most worn hats" lets see yours.
Johnny

My sandtone Snowriver is a little more Sand after about 14 years of use.

My Sage Art Playboy inspired fedora

My Blue Smoke Art Crossover

It could be pointed out my Art "natureal" has barely faded at all.

Johnny

RJR

I was reading another forum and was surprised at how much they talked about sun fading. I didnt think any of my hats had faded at all. Then again I don't think I have ever looked behind a robbon. Then I had a look :eek: oh my. This has got to be a great sign of a well loved and worn hat. Here are a few pictures of my "most worn hats" lets see yours.
Johnny

My sandtone Snowriver is a little more Sand after about 14 years of use.

My Sage Art Playboy inspired fedora

My Blue Smoke Art Crossover

It could be pointed out my Art "natureal" has barely faded at all.

Johnny
Its hard to believe the fading until you look.

I take it there is nothing you can do about this? I have a grey San Francisco Hatter fedora down in Eugene with Mike right now. I wanted to go with a thinner ribbon but the color under the old 2" ribbon is a good two shades darker than the exposed body of the hat. Once the felt fades, is it forever?

EstherWeis

Vendor
It depends. Some can be flipped others can't. Depends on the finish of your felt.

I haven't experienced a lot of fading on felts. Straws yes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy