Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Supersized Open Road?

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
As I am still a newcomer to the Lounge, I hope I'm not wearing out my welcome by asking questions that might seem too simple, but----I just bought a Royal Deluxe Stetson that looked like an Open Road. When I received it the brim measures 3"(bound), Crown is same my others, but it has a 1" Ribbon with bow on left side. Inside a black hatband, very nice, with red velvet liner and top cap. Also has a ticket stuffed in band that it was Quality Inspected by a Mr. Albert Modell. Apparently he did a good job!! The felt is a far softer testure than any Open Roads I've seen. My parents always told me never wear anyone else's hat, but I never listened anyway. I will probably have it re-blocked eventually but was hoping you scholars might tell me something about this great hat. I would insert a picture if I knew how!!!!

Feraud

Bartender
I could barely tell a hat from pictures let alone with out! :) ;)
I had a question regarding a recent Stetson Open Road I acquired. I think pictures
helped to identify the history.
If you have digital pictures on your home computer, try uploading it to ImageShack. It is an easy process and might help others to identify the hat origin, quality, etc.

Good luck!

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Open Road Question

Thanks Feraud, hope this works. Not betting on it tho. Hopefully some Stetson expert can help. If not with hat, at least with a computer question!!!!!!

Prairie Shade said:
Thanks Feraud, hope this works. Not betting on it tho. Hopefully some Stetson expert can help. If not with hat, at least with a computer question!!!!!!

There's no need to fear. You can find out how to post pictures here:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=2855

:p That should do it for you. MK did a good job of explaining so there is no need for me to ramble on about it again. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
I hold the record responding to my own thread!!!

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
Thanks everyone for advice, I THINK. Here goes again, its learning process for a non-computer hacker!!! Any ideas of vintage?

MattC

A-List Customer
Time Dating

The sweatband would suggest that this is an open road from the 60s or 70s at least (relatively narrow leather, black and gold). I've seen similar bands from a Royal DeLuxe from the mid 60s. Like the red liner.

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Stetson Help?

my.php
[/URL][/IMG] Here is another shot of my recent Stetson with 3" Brim and 1" Ribbon with bow. Probably not rare, but not really an Open Road either. Anyone have any ideas? You guys are the experts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot