Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Survivors of the San Fransisco Earthquake

Lauren Henline said:
A little pre golden era, but here's a video on MSN with two survivors of the San Fransisco eathquake of 1906.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12317083/

Wow! Those people are in pretty good shape for their age. Its good to see that. The 103 year old man still works! It makes getting old not sound so bad. ;)
We are sort of inundated with Great Quake news here. My grandfather was in Pleasanton at the time. Even there it was felt. Fences that traversed a fault were torn in half. One side could be ten feet away from the other that it broke away from. They say the ground was like waves on the sea. Not likely something I want to go through. :eek:

regards,

J

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
What's not generally known in America is that only four months after the '06 San Francisco earthquake, a devastating 8.6 magnitude earthquake wiped out Valparaiso, Chile, which was the most important Pacific coast port after San Francisco. The Valparaiso earthquake and resulting fires left over 3,000 people dead, damaged much of central Chile and was felt from Peru to Argentina. Coincidence?

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Considering that the entire Pacific Rim

Marc Chevalier said:
What's not generally known in America is that only four months after the '06 San Francisco earthquake, a devastating 8.6 magnitude earthquake wiped out Valparaiso, Chile, which was the most important Pacific coast port after San Francisco. The Valparaiso earthquake and resulting fires left over 3,000 people dead, damaged much of central Chile and was felt from Peru to Argentina. Coincidence?

lies on geographic plates that are moving on molten lava, I wouldn't say it was coincidental. The 1964 Anchorage earthquake was bigger than the San Francisco. Do the people of Valparaiso know of the San Francisco earthquake?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn