Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sweater sizes - baggy versus tight-fitting

At 6'1", 150lbs, the slim (not skinny) fit sweaters of today fit me just a bit baggy which is perfect. I've been waiting my entire life for slimmer fit clothes (that are now in) as those fit me the way regular sizes fit most people. And again, I don't wear things super tight, but regular sizes on me look very baggy. But as noted earlier in the thread, there are some sweaters - like a big, chunky, wool cable-knit turtleneck, for example - that, IMHO, call out for a looser fit and a looser fit pair of heavy pants to go with it. Not silly baggy, but loose - it would look odd to see some items like that too fitted.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
But as noted earlier in the thread, there are some sweaters - like a big, chunky, wool cable-knit turtleneck, for example - that, IMHO, call out for a looser fit and a looser fit pair of heavy pants to go with it. Not silly baggy, but loose - it would look odd to see some items like that too fitted.
Agreed and share your taste.

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
The fit would depend on the weather. If its close to 0, a slightly looser heavy woolen sweater would assist in layering. If its 10 to 20, a more fitting sweater would look sharp and smart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff