Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swedish ski boots

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
I bought these after reading the Swedish Army boot thread, they were listed at an amazing price...I ordered a size 8 but was dismayed to find on (a very quick ) arrival that they were way too big, after reading again the SA boot thread and getting in touch with the extremelley helpful seller it appears that the 270 size IS indeed for a size UK8, obviously they are meant to be worn with a couple of pairs of socks and possibly even a felt inner boot/sock?
The pair that were sent were listed as issued but I bet they were only worn once as they are virtually mint with no wear to sole or leather, they are a very high quality item, they are marked TRETORN 27 and 1966/65 on the soles. and marked on the inside and tongue also
30moazb.jpg
1sb6.jpg
2lseckw.jpg
1zf5uly.jpg
1zf5uly.jpg

I got in touch with the seller and they sent out a size 7? by return, these were perfect with a thin inner sock and a thicker walking sock and will be great for next winter, these had more wear but were/are still in excelent condition, I cleaned with a quick wipe over and polished the still supple leather.

Last edited:

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Cool Flicka knowing a bit extra on these things always adds to the charm and history, whereas tretorn did and still make shoes/boots I can't find out anything for Varnamo, so I wonder if the heels /soles were made in or by the company Varnamo...these appera to have been partially? reheeled as the heels are marked 25.

Metatron

One Too Many
I always liked the look of these but assumed they would feel like wearing armour. Does the rubber section have any flexibility or is it completely rigid?
Would you say that going one size down is a safe option with these? I don't intend to wear them with more than a regular medium/thickness pair of socks.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
there is some flexibility but not much, I intend to wear them as a work boot and or a trudging to the shops in snowy/ slushy weather and for a tenner I don't think you'd find a better item!
As for size I have tried these with my winter socks on and they are fine...I wouldn't go walking any great distance in them but for knocking around in or a quick corner shop trip far better than Wellies IMHO.

Ny Björn

New in Town
The Värnamo-branded pair look just as the pair my grandfather wore in the mines back in the 1960's, though they were fitted with steel toe-caps (I used them as spare boots when I worked as a farm hand and it was quite literally like wearing armour...). Värnamo gummifabrik (- Rubber plant) made all sorts of rubber goods. It was finally closed down in 2006.

/N B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael